8

*JOVANI*

"Julian, what do you think about Nalah?" I tossed a small red ball up into the air and then caught it repeatedly while I waited for my brother's response.

"I think she's adorable and sweet."

"Would you date her?" I continued

"Nah."

I caught the ball and sat down on my bed. "Why not?"

"I don't know. I think she's just too shy for me."

"Well you gotta get used to her, then she'll get used to you."

"I guess. But still...I don't know. I could never picture myself dating a fan."

"I think it'd be cool. At least you'll know she really likes you."

"Yeah, maybe a bit too much." Julian shrugged and went back to doing his math homework.

I don't get the creepy obsessive feeling from Nalah, I think she's just a normal fan. I turned off the light in the room and got in bed. Once my phone was on the charger I unlocked the screen and found Nalah in my contacts. It's only 9:30...surely she's still up.

-Hey Nalah, it's Jovani.

It only took her two minutes to respond, but it felt like forever.

~Hi Jovani lol

-What's up?

~Nm. Just finishing up some math homework.

-Cool.

~Eh...not really? What are you doing?

-Just relaxing. I was wondering if you'd wanna come to my house after school and work on our art projects.

~Sorry, I can't. I'm busy tomorrow.

-Oh okay, maybe another time then.

~Yeah, maybe. I have to finish my homework goodnight Jovani.

-Goodnight. See ya tomorrow.

I spent an hour looking at Twitter and Instagram and right before falling asleep I wondered what could be keeping Nalah busy after school tomorrow...or whom. Maybe Drew found out that I lied about Nalah having a boyfriend and was trying to get with her. Maybe they're going on a date tomorrow! Then she'll become his girlfriend!

Chill Jovani. Chill.

I closed my eyes and let my tiredness wash away all the thoughts in my head.