20

*NALAH*

"Oooh." Vanessa said, looking at my phone.

"What?" I asked, putting pizza rolls in the microwave.

"Oh nothing. Jovani just confessed his love for you."

I rolled my eyes and walked across the kitchen to take my phone from her. "Oh shut up."

"Well he spammed you and put heart eyes under your picture, which is the same thing..."

"That's not at all the same thing Vanessa." I looked at my Instagram notifications and saw that she wasn't lying. "Well he just spammed me because I accepted his request. Everyone does that."

"Okay fine, but what about the heart eyes?"

I put my phone down on the counter and she immediately picked it back up.

"He's just being nice." I grabbed two cups from the pantry and took out the orange juice. "He's a nice person."

"Woah you guys have a lot of texts!"

"Yeah, we talk a lot."

I smiled while I poured our juice, but made sure Vanessa didn't see.

"You guys would be the cutest thing ever. Plus...is he taller than you?"

"Nessa. I'm only 5'3. Everyone is taller than me."

She laughed and walked over to me and rubbed the top of my head. "Yeah, true."

I put the juice carton back in the fridge and took a sip from my cup.

"So, until my mom gets home...what should we do?" I asked.

"Um, well you can talk about Jovani while we do each others nails."

"Gosh Nessa, my life doesn't revolve around Jovani. He's just a friend."

"I don't care, I wanna know everything! Did he apologize for what he said on broadcast?"

The microwave started beeping so I carried the plate of pizza rolls to the living room, with Vanessa right behind me.

"Yes. He apologized. And I started crying because I was having such a bad time adjusting to school. He made me feel better."

Kinda.

"Good thing he apologized. Because I can fight him, and his brother too."

I bit into a pizza roll and dropped it back onto the plate when I burned my tongue.

"No need to fight, lets just all be nice."

Vanessa got serious again and smiled at me. "I missed you."

"I've missed you too."

We had our little moment and then talked about how boring school is now that we don't have each other. Having a best friend is more important to me than having a boyfriend...but if I were to have one...I'd hope it'd be Jovani.