36

*NALAH*

"3! 2! 1! Happy New Year!"

Jovani wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled at me.

"Happy New Year." He whispered. His lips were so soft and warm, it was a relief from the cold air that was all around us.

When we pulled apart we both smiled.

"Happy New Year baby." My mom told me. Jovani released my waist and we all went around hugging each other and saying "Happy New Year".

I still can't believe that I used to only dream of moments like this. I used to stay up late watching Julian and Jovani's 24 hour broadcasts and only imagine what it could be like to actually know them. And now here I am spending one of the best holiday's with them and their family. I'm living out every fangirl's dream. I'm so lucky.

Fireworks lit up the sky with a wide range of colors and designs. I smiled up at them and couldn't stop. I'm never going to forget this day.

"Aren't they beautiful?" Jovani asked when he stood beside me.

"Yeah. They are." I nodded.

He grabbed my hand and I looked down at our fingers all locked together.

"I still get this weird tingling feeling whenever you hold my hand, or kiss me." I confessed.

"Well." He smiled. "So do I, and I hope it never goes away."

I nodded and looked back up at the sky.

"What are you thinking about?" Jovani asked.

"Just about how different my life is. Last year, on this day, I was with my parents watching the countdown on tv. They were so happy and in love. Now, today, my parents are divorced, but...I'm in love. Isn't it funny how the world works?"

"Yeah...it is. Last year on this day I didn't even know you existed and now I can't imagine a life without you." He kissed my cheek, making me warm again.

"Ya know...I used to think that it was only a coincidence that I found you and Julian on Younow...but I don't think it was."

"Neither do I." Jovani responded.

"Alright guys, it's getting late. We should probably get going. I have work in a few hours." Said Aunt Valentina.

I hugged Jovani tight and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course." He smiled.

"It was nice meeting you Jovani. You may have screwed up in the beginning, but it's obvious that you're crazy about Nalah. You get the best friend stamp of approval."

Jovani chuckled. "Thanks Vanessa."

"You have my approval as well." Mariana added.

"Thanks." Jovani smiled. He gave them both a hug and when everyone started walking away I grabbed Jovani's hand.

"Can I have another kiss?"

He smirked. "Maybe."

"Jovani." I frowned.

"Ok, ok." He put his hands on either side of my face and kissed me for longer than I expected.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

I walked quickly towards my family and got in the car with a smile on my face.