27

*JOVANI*

I definitely missed having a girlfriend. Nalah makes me so happy. No matter how bad my day is, as soon as I see her I smile. She's there for me, just as much as I'm there for her and I can always be honest about things because she's so understanding. We've been dating for 3 weeks now, and today is the first Monday of winter vacation.

"So you're gonna be at your Aunt's house starting Wednesday?" I asked Nalah, still confused.

"Yup." She nodded. "From Wednesday until Christmas on Friday, and we'll be back home Saturday."

I frowned. "That means tomorrow is our last day together until Saturday."

"Yeah...I know. Do you wanna exchange gifts tomorrow or Saturday?" She asked.

"Saturday."

I remembered a conversation with my parents a few weeks ago, and they told Julian and I that they're fine with a girl sleeping over. But I wanted to ask my parents before even mentioning the idea to Nalah.

"Okay, I guess." I shrugged.

Ms.Santiago walked into the living room. "I really want some icecream, you guys wanna get a frosty from Wendy's?"

"Um, yes!" Nalah smiled, it's one of her favorite desserts.

She stood up and took my hand. I'm just so happy that Nalah's not shy around me anymore...well not as shy as she is around other people anyways.

When we got to the car Nalah sat in the passenger seat and I sat in the back, listening to Nalah's mom say how cute of a couple Nalah and I are.