26

*NALAH*

I waited by the gate for Jovani, and I saw large groups of people going through it.

Oh no, what if I was too late? What if he's already gone.

I looked down at the ground as another group passed.

"Hi babe, you ok?"

Jovani asked, touching my shoulder. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I didn't wait for him to hold my hand, instead I laced my fingers through his. He smiled and kissed my cheek, making me blush.

We walked at the back of his group of friends and talked.

"So how was your day?" He asked me.

"It was alright. And yours?" I asked.

"My day was pretty good for a Monday. Everyone kept asking me if we were together."

"Yeah same." I laughed. "But I enjoyed telling them all yes." I bit my lip. "I shouldn't have said that out loud."

He squeezed my hand, sending a wave a warmth up my arm. "I'm glad that you did. And for the record, I enjoyed telling them yes too."

I looked ahead at the group, which was getting farther away from us.

"Are you ganna tell...ya know, your fans about us?"

He shrugged. "If you want me to, I don't mind. I don't want to lie to them, but at the same time, I do want to have a personal life."

I nodded."I think it will hurt some feelings. But if I wasn't your girlfriend and I was just a fan, I'd wanna know, so that I could support your relationship."

"You're amazing, do you know that?" He laughed.

"Eh, I'm ok." I joked. "But seriously...I'll leave it up to you. This is only our second day as a couple. We could break up in a week."

"Ouch." He frowned.

"No! I hope we don't but I'm just saying. Don't tell them until you feel like we've been together long enough."

"Sounds smart, ok."

Everyone started to seperate when Julian and Jovani's street came, but Jovani didn't let go of my hand like I expected.

"I'll walk you home." He smiled.

"Thank you." I replied.

We talked about how our Thanksgivings were and once we both told our stories, we were at my house.

"Do you mind just sitting for a second?" He asked me.

"Not at all. Just let me put my bag inside."

"Ok."

I unlocked my front door and tossed my backpack onto the couch along with my scarf. I sat next to Jovani on the small couch that was on the front porch.

"There's just something that I've been thinking about all day."

"Okay..." I gulped.

His cool hands tucked some hair behind my ear and I could feel his breath on my lips. I closed my eyes and closed off the rest of the space between us. He kissed me very softly just like at the movies, and when he pulled away he was smiling.

"I just wasn't sure if it would bother you to kiss at school." He explained.

"I...wouldn't mind" I smiled. He's mine, I want people to know that.

"Okay, I'll remember that." He laughed.

When he stood up I fought the urge to frown. I didn't want him to go.

"I'll text you later beautiful."

"K. Bye."

He kissed my cheek and started his own walk home.