The Plan

The King of Darkness sat on his onyx throne and watched from a crystal scrying ball, as Ella settled herself down in her tent and fell asleep. He bit back the urge to moan, reminding himself that she would soon be his. He could already taste her lips and feel her body next to his. He'd already arranged to keep her in his private chambers, where he'd spent the last few days ordering clothes to be made for her. Most of them were beautiful black dresses that complimented her green eyes and dark hair with white lace. Some dresses had low backs for the full moon, and the King couldn't help but wonder what she looked like in her true form.

The King sighed as he thought about waking up to her face every morning and going to sleep with her every night. He could imagine her lying in his bed as he held her close, kissing her sweet lips.

A soft moan left the King's mouth, he couldn't help it. She would be in his arms soon, so very soon. All he had to do was give the order in the morning, and then bam! The warriors of the Cursed would kill that idiot Prince and deliver Ella right into his arms.

As he watched the scrying ball, the King frowned when he saw someone else hop in the tent. Prince Callum gently lay on top of Ella's sleeping form and played with her hair, where he too, fell asleep. Seething, the King stood up and demanded that his warriors come speak with him. Immediately, Trent scampered away, returning with seven masked warriors.

"You are ready to kill the Prince?" the King asked. His warriors nodded. "Good, make it painful, and remember, if one hair on Ella's head is harmed, then the person responsible will pay, dearly," he added. Again, his warriors nodded, all except one.

"What if we stop along the way and decide that we're tired, hard working, single men and she's a pretty, young girl. Oh, and there's a nice warm bed and-"

"Don't you dare!" the King snarled. The man immediately stepped back. "If anyone here touches her in that way, I will kill them. She is mine, and only I can touch her like that, do you understand?" the King snapped, already hearing the sound of shattering glass. He wouldn't replace it this time, as his outburst wasn't really his fault, in his opinion anyway. Again, his warriors nodded, except the one who'd spoken.

"Now, see here, that's not fair. You wouldn't even know I'd done it, I'm quite the seducer, you know," the man said. The King listened to his words as they slurred. He's drunk, he thought, and with that, he snapped his fingers, letting his rage seep into his power. A bright ball of flame appeared in his hands as he hurled it towards the drunk man. The King turned away and listened with satisfaction to the dying screams of the warrior. Now, there were six men standing before him, and one pile of unrecognisable ash.

"Are there anymore... questions?" He asked. The warriors obediently shook their heads. The smiled evilly and sat back down in his throne. "None at all?" he prompted. Again, the six men shook their head. "Good," he muttered. The Warriors took this as their cue to leave, leaving the King and the lizard- like Trent alone.

"Master, if I may, what is it about this... Ella that you like so much?" Trent asked cautiously. His master lifted his head and thought for a moment.

"She's beautiful, absolutely stunning, and tough, and smart. And... misunderstood, haunted, scarred, even," the King replied. Trent nodded in agreement, and, though he knew very little about love, he thought that this girl, Ella, was very similar to his master. There was a difference, however. Ella had decided to fight the good fight, whereas his master had literally become the reigning king of darkness. How would that work out? Trent didn't know, but he didn't think it would be as easy as the King thought, though, he kept that to himself.

"And after you kill the Prince?" Trent asked. The King nodded, he trusted Trent.

"After Prince Callum is dead, and the King and Queen of Emerald are locked away for good, then we invade. Emerald will be ours, and I'll be its King. Then we proceed to take over the rest of Celestia by locking up the ruling monarchs and killing their children, so then no one can claim that they are the rightful heirs," the King explained. Trent nodded, but still couldn't understand one thing.

"Master, why not just kill the rulers as well?" The King's face twisted into an ugly smile, one that made even Trent, who'd seen plenty of gore and bloodshed, shudder.

"They can be useful. For instance, if the people rebel, we can threaten to kill them. If the heirs get away, we can use them as bait. Once my rule over Celestia is secured, they will die to, I assure you," the King promised. Trent nodded again.

"Goodnight, Master. I presume that by this time tomorrow night you'll have busied yourself with your new... toy," Trent ventured carefully. His master grimaced, as though he were in pain.

"She's not a toy, even if I may play with her like one from time to time. Someday in the future however, I wish to make her my wife," the King said genuinely. He sighed and stared at the shiny black floor. It was so smooth, it acted as a black mirror, reflecting the cold blue fire that lit the throne room. "But I will be busy with her, we have much catching up to do," he added with a mischievous smile. Trent shared his smile, but almost pitied the poor girl. If his master didn't get what he wanted, he could become quite... forceful, and Trent had a feeling this Ella wouldn't give into him.