Who are you?

The dark mountains loomed over Callum ominously. Their bulky shapes teased and tortured him, waving his hearts desire in front of him, only to say that he,d have to reach their peak to find what he was looking for. So close, but so far.

"Alright girl, lets go," he whispered to Night Dancer, gently nudging her sides. The black mare obliged, trotting towards the mountains through the thick snow. As they continued along the well worn mountain path, Callum noticed how rocky the terrain had become. Black, jagged rocks poked through the cold, white snow that blanketed the tundra.

They journeyed up the mountain, getting ever closer to the top, which was constantly shrouded in thick, dark clouds. A huge black shape lay beyond the clouds, and as both horse and rider made their way to the top, Callum realised it was a castle. A castle that held the love of his life captive.

Finally, he reached the top, which went from a steep incline to flat surface. He stared at the dark monster, taking deep breaths to calm his nerves. He thought only of what he would gain; Ella. Sweet, beautiful, Ella.

He loved her so much it hurt. He thought about her everyday. Everything he did was for her, and when he found her...

"I'll make you safe," he promised, closing his eyes. "I know I said I'd never let anyone hurt you ever again, that time that you fell asleep in my arms, before you knew how I felt. Now I'm going to make good on that."

"That's only if you survive, Sonny boy," a scratchy voice said. Callum opened his eyes to find three Cursed in front of him, two to his left side, and two to his right.

Callum cursed under his breath. He was so stupid! What had made him think he could just walk right in, grab Ella, and run? What had made him so reckless?

Sighing, he slid off Night Dancer and held his arms up in a sign of surrender. The Cursed giggled with glee, taking his sword and tying his wrists together. What they didn't know was that this was a part of Callum's new plan.

Arran, as clever as he was, still didn't know that Callum was a Sun Wizard, which could be used to Callum's advantage.

"Move it," the Cursed warrior yelled at him. Callum moved his feet toward the castle.

***

"Well... this is a surprise. Now what brings you here, little brother?" Arran asked, amused. He lounged in his throne, staring down at Callum with dark eyes. Callum narrowed his own and glared at him.

"Where is she?" he snapped. Arran grimaced, looking annoyed. Then he smirked.

"Who? Ella?" he asked, chuckling. Callum said nothing. "If you must know, she's in my personal chambers," Arran began. Callum's eyes widened. No, she couldn't be there. He'd imagined Arran keeping her in a dungeon, not his room. "And I must say," Arran continued. "Her lips taste sweeter than sugar, but you already knew that, didn't you?"

"How dare you," Callum seethed in a low voice. Arran's amused grin grew wider.

"Me? She belongs to me now. I'll do as I please with her. As for you..." Arran trailed off, considering what to do with his younger brother. "I could kill you, but it would be so much sweeter if I were to let you see Ella instead."

"What? Why? What have you done to her?" Callum roared. Arran shrugged unsympathetically.

"You're about to find out. Guards, take him to my room!" Arran orders. Callum feels a hand on his back, shoving him away from the room. As much as he hated his brother, if he could call him that, and as afraid as he was of this place, he was finally getting his wish. He didn't care about what condition she'd be in when he found her, he'd love her no matter what. But he was yet to know that he should've been careful with what he wished for.

A set of large black doors opened to reveal a room. It was dark, as was everything in this place. Callum made out a huge bed, a dresser and a cupboard. And on the bed...

"Ella!?" He shouted. The guards laughed and threw him into the room. Callum didn't care. He burned away his bonds without even thinking about them. All he saw was the female form sprawled over the bed. He jumped onto her and shook her awake. "Ella!" he shouted again, more certain. She was here. She was really here in his arms. A bubble of happiness grew within him as he carefully took in her lovely black hair and pink lips.

Her lips, oh, her lips. He couldn't wait to kiss them. At that moment, she opened her eyes. They were just as beautiful as he'd remembered. Unable to contain himself, he leaned down and kissed her lips. He heard her gasp, but took no notice of it. His hands wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer to him. He'd never let her go. Never again. He kissed her again, deeper. He could taste her sweet skin. Her lavender scent surrounded him and he thought nothing could bring him down. But when he pulled away, he noted the look of bewilderment and fear in her clear, green eyes. And then next three words she said were not the ones he was expecting, not by a long shot.

"Who are you?"

End of Book One.

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
ok, so yes, this is the end of book one but there is book two called Spellbinders: Daughter of Light, which I will start writing ASAP. In the meantime, if you want romance, action, adventure and magic, read my new book; The Truth About Witches and Wolves. It's about a young witch called Emma, and the alpha mate that she never wanted. I've already published the first chapter, so enjoy!
Also, ATTENTION ALL COVER MAKERS!!!!!!
I would like to run a competition (if there's enough people) for the best consecutive covers for Spellbinders Secret and Spellbinders: Daughter of Light. If you know people who are interested please let them know. The winner will get a dedication in the first chapter of the new book and their covers will be used.

Thank you,
Scarlet out.