eighteen.

Ava's POV

It's finally been a whole entire year since Xavier left.

My mom finally came home, and I managed to get a new relationship to forget about the hurt Xavier's caused. Justin wasn't too excited about it, but he still remained a close friend.

I'm not going to say I haven't thought about Xavier day by day. Where he is. How he's doing.

But I managed to get over it and try to find new distractions. I guess you can say 'Im happy again.'

Xavier's Pov

A year has gone by, and I've never been so hopeless. So drained.

I've joined the company again. It wasn't the best decision but I needed to support myself financially some how.

Of course there wasn't a single day that went by when I didn't think about my baby. My lover. My Ava.

I haven't been in a relationship since, and I don't plan to.

At this point, I honestly don't care who she's dating, I just care about her safety, as well as wellbeing.

My phone rang and Joseph's contact name showed up.

"Bro, guess what!", Joseph yelled on the other line excitedly. I slumped my shoulders and mumbled. "What is it?"

"The new chick I got you might be willing to hit that homerun." I yawned.

"And what might that home run be, Joseph," I said sarcastically.

"Nigga. SEX. Jackpot eh?" I rolled my eyes and played with the rip in my distressed jeans.

"Horray. Another thot to fuck. What's new?" Joseph deeply sighed.

"Look, stop being depressed. It's been a year since you and Ava were a thing. Get over it, it's back to business now."

"Ava and I weren't just a thing, we were-"

I heard the other line hang up as I slammed my
phone on the nightstand next to me.

"FUCK!" I roughly ran my hands through my messy hair and clenched my jaw. I wanted this nightmare to be over. I wanted Ava back.

Ava's POV

I giggled as Dylan bowed down to kiss my hand.

"After you, my lady." He engulfed me in a warm hug kissing my cheek.

(Dylan up above) 👆🏾

"I love you so much, Ava. You know that?" I smiled and nodded.

"Oh! I have a little surprise for you. I mean, I hope you like it..." Dylan pulled out two tickets to the Rhianna concert in LA.

I screamed and jumped on him in a straddle position. "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!"

"So uh, i'm guessing you like it right?" He said scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

He's so shy, but so cute at the same time.

"Of course I do it's  Rhianna!" I grabbed stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him 5 times. He was 6'1 and I was only 5'6 so he was pretty up there.