Searching for Humanity

A/N: Hello my lovelies! I feel on top of things with having this chapter up today and it's been seven days since the last chapter. I've been writing nonstop these last few days and the ideas just keep flowing. I really need to develop some sort of schedule for my updates. I'll probably do that for the next book......oh yeah, you read right! There's gonna be a THIRD book, I'm very excited!

     I don't know if there will be an update before Thanksgiving, so if not, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy this chapter and be sure to vote &  give feedback, I love you!

*****************

(FEW DAYS LATER)

        I opted out on torturing Elena, mainly because she kept insulting me, and I couldn't take it anymore. Caroline and I were having a finals study-sesh, because finals were this week. We were about one week away from graduation. We had music playing to drown out the sound of Elena screaming but it wasn't good enough. I heard my door open and Stefan walked in.

   "Eve, she's asking for you." Stefan informed me, I rolled my eyes. Why would she want me?

   "Why, so she can continue insulting me?" I fired back, loud enough for her to hear me. I got off the bed and looked at my fiance, who shot me an innocent smile. I grumbled as I walked down the stairs, all she was gonna do was insult me. She's already called me every name in the book, Stefan had a hand on my back, guiding me or to make sure that I get downstairs to the cellar. We arrived at the cellar, Damon was standing by the door with a smug smile I wanted to smack off.

  "Be nice." Damon instructed, handing me a blood bag. I glared at him, taking the bag. Wait, if we are starving her, why am I giving her a blood bag. I looked at it, questionably. Damon opened the door and pushed me inside. Elena looked horrible, to be honest. She was covered in burn marks and blood, her clothes were tattered and burned. She was weak and chained to a metal chair. It brought me back to when we chained Stefan to a chair when he was the Ripper. The door slammed shut behind me and I heard it lock. I whipped around to the Salvatore brothers who were standing on the other side of the door, I could view them through the little window.

   "You're locking me in?" I freaked, I didn't want to be lock in here with this crazy humanity-less vampire. I was so going to get them, when I got out of here.

  "Treat her like it was me." Stefan reasoned, "and I love you." I rolled my eyes, and turned to face Katherine 2.0.

  "Wow, she actually had the guts to come in here." Elena taunted, her voice  was hoarse and monotone. 

  "If you're nice, I'll give you this. You must be hungry, being tortured in all." I teased, my more braver side coming out. Come to think about it, she can't hurt me even with her words. I know she doesn't actually mean them.

  "You don't look so horrible today." Elena fake-smiled at me. I looked at her for a moment, contemplating if I wanted to give this to her. I studied her face and I noticed a tiny glimpse of plead in her eyes. Wow, the boys' plan is actually working. I walked towards her and opened the bag, putting it up to her mouth. In the matter of seconds, she sucked that bag dry. The veins bulged out from under her eyes, as she savored the blood like we hadn't fed her in years when it's only been a few days. The emotion was gone out of her eyes instantly.

  "Why are you being so nice to me?" She croaked out.

  "Because this isn't you, Lena. You're compassionate and loving. I know deep down, my best friend is still in there.'' I've never seen someone changed their emotion as quickly as Elena did. Her face turned vile, and her eyes were stone cold....almost filled with hatred or rage.