Getting Some Air

Hello, so I had finals last week ewww i know but I also had early release so I left right after I took my finals. I only had two per day but then I had drama rehearsal from 12-3:30 every day except Friday. Now I have Christmas break which is a full two weeks and I'm very excited. That also means more updates because I'll nothing to do basically! So if some of y'all noticed, I followed you. I went on a follow spree because y'all deserve it, so if you're not following me, you definitely should. I just might follow you back;) Now I bring you the chapter, enjoy and be sure to vote and comment, don't be a ghost reader!

*********

     It's officially been 12 hours since I've left Mystic Falls. Stefan has sent me a few texts just saying that he misses me and etc. I also received many texts from Caroline and Elena, telling me to come back. I decided to take a drive to Charleston, I love the beach scenery and the weather wasn't cold. However, I had to drive through North Carolina and most of South Carolina. I stopped by a coffee shop since it was eight o'clock at night. I have no idea why I didn't fly down here so I stuck with driving. 

   "Hi, can I get a grande caramel mocha please?" I gave my order to the cashier and she smiled at me.

  "Of course dear. Do you want whipped cream on that?" She asked, I looked at her name tag, Natalia.

  "Whipped cream would be lovely, Natalia. Thank you." I smiled.

  ''That will be 4.85 and your name is?" Natalia asked me, grabbing the grande cup.

  "Evelyn." She wrote my name down on the cup then handed it to a coffee-making person. I walked over to the pick-up part and waited.

  "Look who the cat dragged in." I heard a familiar British voice. I turned around and there was Rebekah sitting at a couch, drinking her coffee.

  "Hey, Rebekah! Didn't expect to see you here." I gasped, awkwardly stuffing my hands in the pockets of my jacket.

  "I guess it's a funny coincidence." Rebekah spoke, I was wary if I should stay. Yes, there's a bunch of people around us but she still could attack me. I don't underestimate Rebekah, especially when it comes to revenge.

  "Grande caramel mocha latte for Evelyn." The drink person announced, I grabbed my cup and slipped a sleeve around it.

  "Come and join me Eve. The view is spectacular." Rebekah smiled, I was hesitant but sat in the couch across from her.

  "So what brings you to NC?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

 "Passing through, I decided to get out of Mystic Falls after my mother took control of my body." Sounds like a reasonable explanation. "You?"

  "Um, after your mother killed my dad. I kinda lost it and decided to leave town for a bit, too much death, I guess."

  "I'm really sorry about that and being such a you-know to you.''

  "I completely understand why you were so upset, I mean I stabbed you in the back, literally and kissed your brother. Well, technically, he kissed me. I'm sorry for my part in our fight." I apologized, reaching over and grabbing her hand. We talked a bit more before she had to go, so I continued my drive down to Charleston.

~

  I had made it to Charleston and I was relaxing out on the beach, suntanning while reading a book. Suddenly, something blocked the sun,

   "Uh, hi." I greeted the mysterious person.

  "Shouldn't you be in Mystic Falls with your almost husband?" I took off my sunglasses to get a better look of this person.

  "Kol?" I asked, staring at the youngest Mikealson.

  "Indeed, love." He responded.

  "What are you doing here?" I asked.

  "Enjoying the beautiful beach and the babes as they're called." I made a face of disgust, I never cared for Kol. He seemed worse than Klaus in the way he acted  "But you never answered my question. Why are you here when I assume your wedding is in less than a month away?"

  "Well, when the death toll is higher than my age, I needed to get out of there." I sighed, sitting up on my towel.

  "Is the fiance here with you?"

  "No, he's in Mystic Falls." I answered. He plopped down next to me.

  "So hows that vampire hunter jerk guy?" And I thought he could be pleasant.

 "He was my father and he's dead now, thank you." I snapped, getting up.

  "My apologies, love. He seemed like a nice guy." I could see the lie on his face, Roc told me that they fought and Kol tried to kill Ric. I put on my cover-up to my bathing suit and gather my stuff. "Oh, c'mon love. I was just joking." I rolled my eyes and continued to ignore him.

  "Goodnight Kol." I spoke coldly before walking away. I went back to the hotel to shower so I can get dinner and what not. I quickly changed into comfy clothes before I got a FaceTime call from Stefan.

  "Hey babe." I greeted, sitting Indian style on the bed.

  "Hey, I really miss you." I sigh with sadness as he says this.

  "I do too, I just need time."

  "Where are you, the state not the crappy hotel you're in." Stefan chuckled, I knew what he was doing.

  "Not telling, you'll find me." I teased.

  "Couldn't compel yourself a better hotel." Stefan joked. "And maybe, how was your day?" He asked, switching topics.

  "Trying to be normal, Stef anf it was good. I actually ran into two Mikaelsons today."

  "Where?" He asked.

  "Charleston.....dangit, you're evil." I groaned, giving him the evil look.

  "Nah, I'm just smart. Who was it?" Stefan questioned.

  "Rebekah, and Kol. He insulted Ric, I was about to stake him."

  "About Ric," Stefan started, "Esther somehow got Bonnie to give Ric her blood and he became evil Alaric and went after Caroline. He tried to get Elena to kill her, we stopped Klaus' heart and Ric is out there somewhere. That's what you missed in Mystic Falls."

  "Wow, it never stops, does it?" He chuckled. "Nope, my dear, it doesn't."

Liz Forbes's POV

    "Why did you call a meeting so late?" I asked Carol as she let me into her house.

    "I didn't, he did." Carol answered, revealing Alaric.

    "Nice of you to join us, Sheriff. Now I was just filling in the Council about our vampire problem or should I say yours?"