Adjusting

NEXT MORNING

        I woke up feeling really good but of course, I was hungry. I decided to go hunting then go running with Elena. I changed into my running clothes and jumped out my window. I ran into the woods and chased around some animals. I won't go into the gory details. I stopped by a tree to text Elena back.

    Meet me at my house. Ric wants to see you~Lena

   Oh yeah, I haven't seen my father since my transition. I rushed towards the Gilbert house, I love my new speed. It was awesome plus to this whole vampire thing. Elena was waiting for me when I got there. She smiled and pulled me into her arms when I got close enough to her.

  "Why does Ric want to see me?"

  "Uh, he's your dad, for one." Elena responded, "I don't know why else." I was walked into the house and was instantly attacked in a hug.

   "I want to drive a stake through Stefan's heart." Ric said, hugging me.

   "You and me both, Ric." I muttered, "well mainly Klaus because he started this whole thing."

   "Luckily, whatever is in that locked coffin can do that." Elena stated, crossing her arms.

   "I have to go, I'll see you later." I said, I gave them a quick hug before rushing out of the house. I checked the driveway of the Salvatore Boarding House, no one was home. I ran up to my room, in a hurry, causing me to trip up the stairs. I groaned and laid there for a second, I give up on life. I pushed up off the stairs and walked the rest of the way to my room. I grabbed my towel off the hook and hopped in the shower. When I got out, I stood in my closet while in my towel. It was getting colder so I wanted to layer a bit. I chose a blue and white plaid button down blouse, bootcut jeans, and brown combat boots. I added a navy blue sweater, a brown belt, and a brown watch. I accessorized with diamond stud earrings and a brown purse. I was lacing up my boots, when I heard something behind me. I whipped around and was speechless.

   "Elijah."

   "Hello Evelina." He smiled, I nearly swooned at the sight of his smile!

   "What can I help you with?" I asked, putting my hair up into a ponytail.

  "I came to see how you're holding up, I heard about your transition."

  "Let's see I was turned by Stefan, we had a huge fight last night and now I have so many emotions that my head is going to explode."  I sighed, pulling out my makeup bag.

  "I'm very sorry, Evelina." Elijah whispered, I quickly applied my makeup before turning to him.

   "There's nothing left to do but to accept it and move on. I can't change what I am anymore." I said. Elijah stared at me for a minute before pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso awkwardly. This was the first time, Elijah and I have ever made physical contact. He smelled like a cologne, I've never smelt before. We pulled out of the hug and I looked up at him curiously. "What was that for?

   "You looked like you needed a hug." Elijah stated, keeping his hand on my cheek. There wasn't any sparks or radiation when we touched like the first time Stefan and I touched. Elijah was looking into my eyes and not saying a word. Before I could process anything, Elijah's lips were on mine. I was taken back by this action but I found myself kissing back. I have no idea why I'm doing this, but this isn't the same as kissing Stefan. It's so dull and I was getting bored. Ugh, Evelyn. Stop thinking about Stefan! I broke the kiss and put my hand up to my mouth in surprise. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that." I stepped back from Elijah then he was gone. I stood in a daze, not sure what had just happened.