Facing Reality

Hi guys, I know it's been three weeks since I've updated. I've been so stressed with school and I've had two weekends of play performances. My director was awesome enough to let us have a day off to rest and get unstressed. I needed three weeks to chill and have some me time. On another note, you know this story has reached over 20k reads. That's incredible, I know it's not one million but it's amazing to me. This is gonna be quick, but now we are on the four season, yay!!! Anyways, let's get on with this chapter. Enjoy and be sure to vote & comment!!

***********************

                Driving is fun unless you drive 10 hours without anyone in the car. I got filled in by Stefan on the way, apparently Elena was Ric's human connection and he had killed Klaus, so Rebekah got revenge by running Matt's truck off the bridge. No one told me that killing Klaus could have ended his vampire bloodline that was connected to me. Anyways so Tyler, Ric, Klaus, and Elena are dead. Well, Elena is now in transition. I parked in the Gilbert driveway, I got out and went to the front door. From my vampire hearing, Damon and Stefan were downstairs while Jer & Elena were upstairs. I opened the door and walked inside.

    "And now the world has one more quarterback. Bravo, brother." Damon retorted, sarcastically.

    "Way to be sympathetic, Damon." I commented, leaning against the doorframe.

    "Evelyn." Stefan breathed out in relief, rushing over to me and hugging me tightly.

   "Says the girl who left town because she couldn't handle death."

  "You're a jerk." I spat.

    "Look Damon, I made a choice that I will regret for the rest of my life. Now let me try to fix it." Stefan defended. He led me out of the kitchen, and I grabbed his shirt pulling his lips to mine. The kiss was quick but passionate, I've missed him.

  "I'm glad you're safe." Stefan murmured, I smiled and hugged him tighter.

 "Now what is this choice, you made?" I asked, he sighed and looked down.

  "I knew Rebekah was gonna run Matt's truck off Wickery Bridge but she took off so by the time, I got there. The truck was submerged, I went to get Elena but she told me to get Matt instead so I did." I knew he was upset about that.

   "Stef, you did the right thing. If you didn't, Matt would be dead and Elena would be going through something worse." I tried to cheer him up. "I shouldn't have left, Damon's right. I'm weak." Stefan raised my chin with his fingers.

   "Hey, look at me. You had no idea what was going to happen, you're not weak. Now go see Elena, she needs you." I smiled weakly and walked upstairs.

   "And what could be more horrible than you turning into a vampire? I need my sister, not another one of them." Jeremy said to Elena.

   "Ouch Jer, I'm offended." I smiled, looking at the Gilbert siblings.

  "Eve!" They smiled in unison. I hugged them both tightly.

   "Except you, Eve. You're the closest person to family that we have." Jer apologized.

   "You're forgiven. Stefan told me everything, we'll find a way to fix this."

   "She's right, we're gonna find a way out of this. Everything's gonna be okay.' Elena assured.

   "I hope so." Jer sighed before leaving. I looked at Elena with a sad expression, I hugged her again. She whipped around and stared at her lamp before rushing over to it, and crushing it.