Expected to Move On

Stefan's words replayed in my mind over and over. "I don't want to be with you, I don't want to see you, I just want you to go."  I sat at my window and stared at the sunrise, it was very relaxing. I knew I needed to go to Elena's to help her make chili for the founders' barbecue today. Caroline informed me that we are to wear cute summery dresses, or she will kick our butts. I had showered when I got home last night then crashed into my bed. I have no idea how many tears I cried last night, I broke down alot. I checked my appearance in the mirror, I looked awful. My eyes were very blotchy and my hair looked like rat's nest. Luckily, that's where the magic of makeup comes in. I rubbed in my foundation and concealer plus applied the eye makeup and my blush. I brushed through my hair and braided it to the side. I slipped into a green polka dot dress with a wide brown belt around my waist. I stepped into brown wedges then accessorized with gold hoop earrings, green bracelet, and a green beaded ring. I kept on my locket and ring, I grabbed my green clutch and dropped my phone inside.

    "Damon? Are you still home?" No answer, I guess he left. I swiped my car keys off the counter and went out to my car.

-

  "Heyyyy, I'm here." I sung as I walked through Elena's front door.

  "In the kitchen." Elena replied, I strode into the kitchen where Damon, Ric, and Elena were.

  "She's making chili." Damon stated the obvious.  "Sucky chili."

  "Rude." Elena commented. "But I do need the Evelyn touch." I smiled and crossed behind the counter. Elena handed me a spoon for me to taste, I pondered what the chili needed. 

  "Needs a tad more chili powder, it's not spicy enough." I critiqued. 

  "So Eve, I thought Stefan told you to forget about him that he wanted you to move on." Damon wondered.

  "He did." I simply stated, adding a pinch of powder into the pot.

  "And why aren't you?"

  "Damon." Elena stated. I looked down at the pot, I don't know why he's prying so much.

  "I am, Damon."

  "Really then, why is this still on your neck?" He argued, lifting my necklace with his hand.

  "Fine, Damon. I'm still in the process, I'm human. It takes a little longer than a day to move on from someone."

   "You could start by taking off the ring." Ric added. I glanced up at him, glaring. "Just saying."

   "Guys, stop. She'll move on when she's ready." Elena defended. I looked up at her, smiling.

   "Thank you, at least someone understands." I stared at Damon, who gave me a ''what?" look. Ric disappeared upstairs and then the doorbell rang. Elena and I went over and opened it.

   "I come bearing gifts!" Care exclaimed.  Elena's face fell when she spotted the food dish in Caroline's hands. Damon ducked out because Sheriff Forbes needs his help with something.

  "Please tell me that isn't chili." Elena sighed.

   "Ours will most likely be better than all the nine others bringing chili." I commented. Caroline smiled and stepped aside, revealing Bonnie.

   "Bonnie!" Elena and I exclaimed, throwing our arms around her. Jer came downstairs and lit up when he saw Bon. They ran to each other like in a romance movie, and hugged & kissed passionately. Care, Lena, and I walked to the kitchen to fix Lena's chili situation.

  "So how is it that I leave for the summer and your lives go crazy." Bonnie said.

  "I have no idea, maybe because you left." I smiled. We decided to turn the chili into some kind of casserole, don't know how that works but whatever.