4|Heart to heart

Abhi is sulking in his balcony as we enter. I throw a pillow at him and he turns around. As he spots Soha, his features soften and he walks to her, ignoring me completely.

"Are you okay?" He places a hand on her shoulder.

"Yes bhai, I am fine." She reassures him with a smile. He doesn't look convinced though. He is glaring at me.

"Really bhai, don't worry about me. And besides, I deserve better than to have a jerk for a boyfriend!" She tries to joke at my expense. It works. Abhi visibly relaxes and hugs her tight.

"If you guys don't mind, even I would like to join in!" The desperation and hope in my voice are clear. These people are all I have, except mom.

"Saale pooch kya raha hai! Aa ja." Abhi pulls me in and I am relieved. The three of us stand there, hugging.

After some time, Soha excuses herself, leaving me with Abhi.

"Yaar-" I try to reason with him.

"Chuck it! I was worried about Soha. Thought she wouldn't be able to handle herself. Turns out she is much more mature than I was giving her credit for." Abhi winks at me.

I am so lucky to have him. This guy, with all the goodness in the world (and his lovely brotherly feelings), is the reason I could get past the biggest tragedy of my life.

"Thanks, Abhi. For understanding. I don't know what I would do without you!"

"Bas kar be, aisi baatein tere mu se acchi nahi lagti." He huffs. We laugh together.

There is a comfortable silence between the two of us, which doesn't last long, as Abhi decides to infuriate me again.

"I still don't think it's a good idea to go to Mumbai." He presses.

"And I still don't care what you think about this. So hold your horses." I reply curtly.

"What will you tell Aunty? That you are off on a revenge mission to screw the asshole?"

"She doesn't need to know the details. Once I have everything figured out, I will tell her I am leaving."

"Leaving her all alone and heartbroken?" Abhi sighs, not giving up.

I just give him a deathly glare and walk out of his room.

As I reach downstairs, mom is ready to leave. We say our byes to everyone and leave.

...............

It's 1 am. I am sitting up on my bed with my laptop on. It was as easy to get information on fucking Praveen Singhania as I had expected. Since he is among the biggest businessmen of the country and also a member of the Lok Sabha, Internet was full of pictures and articles on him and his family, glorifying him and telling the readers what a waste the world would be without him. I want to break something!

I have been reading shit about him for 2 hours now. Everything about his early life, career, business and family. Till now, I have not found anything that could help me. I need to get up- close with this motherfucking cunt! I need to sink my claws into him, so deep that he doesn't stop bleeding, ever.

Scrolling up and down, I suddenly come across an ad on his personal secretarie's official website:

Mr. Praveen Singhania requires a bodyguard to be at the service of his daughter 24x7, due to an unexpected turn of events, for an indefinite period of time. Interested persons may come to my local office in Bandra, Mumbai. Last date to apply is 30 Nov, 2015.
Punit Pathak.

Daughter? Where the hell did she come from? As I rack my brains, some of the words from an article I read earlier come to my mind.

Mr. Singhania is extremely proud of his daughter, Nandini, and absolutely dotes on her. The 20- year old charming young woman is currently pursuing English honors at Mumbai's St. Stephen. Although Nandini is not Mr. Singhania's own blood, being his beautiful wife Nyonika's daughter, she is the apple of his eye.

Okay. So there is a daughter in the picture. A step daughter. I think I forgot about her because there don't seem to be any pictures of her on the net. I wonder why? When the rest of this fucked-up family didn't hesitate to flash their sparkling teeth at the shuttlebugs, why did precious Miss. Nandini hide away? And isn't this girl supposed to be the only heir of country's biggest businessman? Why was this ad for a bodyguard just thrown out on the net? Important people contact security services and hire the best of people. Right?

As I read the ad again, my plans form. This is it. As weird as it might be, this is my one chance to invade Singhania's personal space and give him a taste of his own fucking medicine.

The last date is a week from now. Only a week. Shit. I have just been back!

Only a week to come up with a convincing story for mom. Only a week with mom. But this is important. Very important.

..........

It's Sunday and mom is serving me breakfast.

"So what are your plans now? Any job interviews lined up?" She suddenly asks.

Oh boy!

"Yeah, I actually have everything figured out mom. Ek hafte baad interview hai." I tell her.

"Good!" She seems pleased." I am sure you will clear it!"

"Ummm....Mumbai mei."

She drops her spoon.

"Mom...."

"No! You can't! Not again!" She is sobbing now. She gets up and goes into the living room. I follow her and sit on the floor, at her feet.

"Mom listen to me.."

"No Manik! You listen to me. Why do have to go to Mumbai when you could easily get a very well paid job here? 3 saal tu London mei raha. Maine kuch nahi kaha kyuki wo tera sapna tha. Par ab! Fir se mujhe akela chodke kyu jana chahta hai? Aur Mumbai kyu? Is it because-"

"It's only because working with this firm will be a great opportunity. Please mom, try to understand. Mai bhi aapko chodke nahi jana chahta. But this is a very good chance for me. And I will be much closer..har mahine aaonga aapse milne. And besides, it's only a matter of some time. Once I think I have enough experience, I will come back." I plead.

I can see mom contemplating over my words. I knew telling her it is a dream to go and something that I want would do the trick. She stays mum for minutes, which seem like hours.

"Mom!Kuch toh boliye?" I shake her legs.

"Thik hai. Bas promise kar din mei 2 baar phone karega!" She gives me a soft smile.

"Mom!" I yell, taking her by surprise and hug her tight.

"Teri khushi mere liye sabse important hai beta! I love you!"

"I love you too mom!"
.
.
.
.
.