6|The Bodyguard

Nandini's POV

It's Sunday afternoon. I am still pissed at everyone in this fucking house except Jenny. They really like going out of their way to make life a living hell for me. As it is people in college don't seem to get enough of the bitch they think is Nandini Murthy. What would happen if they saw her strutting around with a bodyguard? Their eyes would literally pop out I guess. I hope that happens. Those fucktards could do with it.

Nyonika has been irritating me lately. Oh, but when does she not? She has to be the worst excuse for a mother! Who the fuck does she think she is kidding? Of course I know she is getting me a dammed bodyguard because she wants to make sure nothing comes in between her and dad's millions. I would be a fool to believe she actually cares for me. That bitch.

And that fucking husband of her's. Bloody jerk. He can fucking go to any lengths to maintain his reputation. "My daughter was attacked at a party so I am getting her a bodyguard. Oh I am so great." Huh. Asshole. Why can't he just die?

As I picture stabbing him with a knife in my head, Jenny walks into my room.

"Hey there! Sleepy head. Do you plan to get out of that bed today?"

"Leave me alone Jenny." Her face falls. "Please?" I add.

She joins me on the bed.

"Your safety may not be important to your mother, but it certainly is to me honey!" She says, deciphering my thoughts accurately. Yet again. How does she know me so well?

"Jenny, I am fed up with my life. Most guys in college want to fuck me. Most girls want to rip my head off out of jealousy and most of the remaining people pretend to be nice because that bastard who they think is my father is stinking rich. On top of that, you all want to give me a bodyguard, just so people have another reason to mock me or bitch me out! I am sick and tired of all this." I groan.

"Oh god! You need to take a chill pill." She sighs. "And don't you dare ever feel that you are fed up with your life! You are a beautiful young lady. And besides, everyone out there is not bad Nandu. Some of the people are really nice and genuinely care for you. Like Cabir, Navya and Pathak! And there's me of course!" She winks.

When I don't say anything, Jenny continues with her pep talk. And it actually feels nice! To have someone tell you that your life is not so dammed afterall. I let her go on.

"All you need to do is allow people to know the real you. And then, everyone will love you, like the bunch of us do." She smiles and hugs me. I just want to believe her.

"Thanks Jenny. I am still not comfortable with having a bodyguard, though." I complain.

"I really shouldn't have allowed you to watch that Salman Khan film. It's rubbed off on you! Trust me this won't be as weird as it was shown in that film." She scoffs.

"Yes, it will be." I say flatly.

Jenny is silent for a minute. She seems to be deep in thought. "How about we ask Manik to pretend to be a student? It won't be so weird then, will it? He can say he is an old friend of yours." She questions. I roll my eyes.

"Manik?"

"Yes! Manik Malhotra. Your bodyguard. I met him today at Pathak's office. He is a very good person. And really hot!" Jenny giggles. Sometimes, she behaves like a teenager and not an old woman. I shake my head at her.

"I don't care if he is hot or not. And you can't possibly know if he is a good person. You have met him only once. Come on. Even you are not that accomplished!" I quip.

"Yes, I can actually. He saved me from a bunch of jerks this morning. If it wasn't for him, I would be lying in a hospital bed right now. Or worse, even dead!"