35|Fab 5

Nandini's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, guys and girls, GIVE IT UP FOR THE FAB 5!"

As the music starts, the crowd cheers even louder. However, the moment Manik's voice rings in through the speakers, silence falls.

Tum logon ki, iss duniya mein
Har kadam pe, insaan galat
Main sahi samajh ke jo bhi karoon
Tum kehte ho galat

It is sheer magic! His voice is so soulful and intense that for a split second, I forget where I am sitting or what is happening around me. All I can see is Manik, looking beyond perfect with his eyes closed, casting a powerful, overwhelming spell with his gorgeous voice. It feels like being inside a whirlpool, surrounded on all sides and going higher and higher with each strum of his guitar, every syllable, every breath he takes and also the ones he holds back, gushing into me and igniting me with a passion that's drowning everything else out.

Main galat hoon toh phir kaun sahi
Marzi se jeene ki bhi main
Kya tum sabko arzi doon

I had no idea that the students in my freak college were capable of being this quiet, specially when everyone is assembled in one place. The silence of the audience is getting beautifully drowned by Manik, the ethereal combination of his voice and music flowing into every corner of the Audi. Heck, people seem to have forgotten how to even breathe, it's that still!

Eventually, with the rhythm going up, whispers break out around me as the audience finally comes to terms with the fact that Manik Malhotra is incredible.

SADDA HAQ, AITHE RAKH!

As the song reaches its pinnacle and Manik's strong voice goes up to the highest note, there is a deafening roar of cheering and clapping from the audience which pulls me out of my trance. It just felt like crackers shooting up through the air and bursting in a hot, colourful mess, lighting everything up.

Na na, na na na, na na.....

All around me, people are up on their feet, cheering and clapping like crazy, matching every beat of the song. He plays a particularly hard and fast rock piece, and the audience went even wilder.

Oo eco- friendly, nature ke rakshak
Main bhi hoon nature

Even through the crowd, I could clearly see Manik's face. His expressions are contorted and changing rapidly because of the immense energy he is putting into the song. As I watch his long, slender fingers weaving absolute magic with the guitar, a smile appears on my face. He looks absolutely mesmerizing.

If looks could kill, there would have been a mass murder here today.

Kyun sach ka sabak sikhae
Jab sach sun bhi na paye
Sach koi bole toh tu
Niyam kanoon batae
Tera darr..
Tera pyaar..
Teri waah!
Tu hi rakh, rakh saala

A pained, frustrated expression is masking his face. His eyes are open and the brooding intensity in them hypnotizes me completely.

Sadda haq, aithe rakh
SADDA HAQ, AITHE AITHE RAKH!