30|Bring It On

Manik's POV

"How are we going to do this, Cabir!" Nandini groans and collapses on a bean bag in a corner of the newly set up music library.

"We have a week." Cabir mutters, pacing around the room.

"Only a week! And we need 3 more people to form a proper band and register!" She takes her head into her hands.

"Nandini." I say firmly and place my hand on her shoulder. She seems to relax a bit. "Getting worked up only multiplies your problem. So calm down. I know you guys only have a week. But, where's the fun in an easy challenge, right?"

"The challenge is not the problem, Manik." She says blankly. "The problem is getting 3 people to collaborate with me." She sighs. "Everybody here just hates me!"

"But there are a lot of people who are willing to work with us, Nandu!" Cabir says with a small smile, looking at his phone.

"What?" Nandini asks hopefully.

"Yes. Ever since Musicana has been announced, I have been getting several messages, asking if we are interested in forming a band." He says cheerfully. "You know what, I have a good feeling about this!"

"Why would anyone want to work with me? I am a bitch to everyone!" Nandini mumbles in disbelief.

"In spite of that, people want to team up with the fiery and enigmatic girl that's you!" Navya says in a matter-of-fact tone. She had been sitting in a corner until now, reading a book silently. Dhruv Pathak is also sitting in the corner, deep in thought. When Nandini continues to look puzzled, Navya rolls her eyes. "Oh come on, you are the most desirable girl in college, Nandu!"

"No.." Nandini mumbles, confusion etched on her beautiful face.

This girl doesn't even realise how beautiful she is!

"But, the point here, is if those guys who are only interested in Nandini and not in Musicana are worth being in your band." I say, trying my level best to hide my irritation.

"He has a point. Still, we have to start somewhere, right? Let's just audition a few people and see what it yields?" Cabir says.

"Ugh! This is so frustrating!" Nandini grunts with a scowl. "This is...this is....ugh...YOUR FAULT NAVYA!" She screeches irritably.

"Maine kya kiya?" Navya says innocently.

"Why the hell are you into classical music? Just learn rock in a week!" Nandini looks crazy.

Navya sighs and goes back to reading her book. "Pagal ladki..."

"This is how Nandini handles pressure. By getting all hyper and going into hysterics." Cabir chuckles.

"CABIR! SHUT UP!"

"Okay, okay. I'll go and talk to some people. Just wait here and don't go off your chump." Cabir says and leaves the room. Navya follows him soon after.

"I'll go with him too. Just relax." Dhruv pats her shoulder, glares at me and leaves.

"I am screwed!" Nandini groans.

"Hey." I walk up to her, grab both her hands gently. "It's going to work out. Believe me."

"You know Manik, if there's one thing in the world I have wanted as bad as chopping Singhania's balls off, it's participating in Musicana and winning it. I was 10 when Musicana started and it has become a huge thing since then. I wanted to join a music college. But Nyonika forced me into this stupid English course!" She says through gritted teeth.