15|Attractions

Nandini's POV

I get ready quickly, have my breakfast and rush to the door.

"Someone seems to be in a hurry!" Jenny sings across the room as she watches me hurrying about.

"Good day, Jenny darling!" I wave at her and leave, but not before I hear her mutter, thank heavens.

Manik is waiting by the car, looking irresistible as usual. I can't help the grin that takes over my face when I see him. He is beaming at me.

I don't know what it is that's making me so happy. Maybe the fact that I have decided not to be angry about the way I am feeling?Yeah, that's right. You are not fighting your feelings anymore! You like Manik. You definitely like him. And it couldn't hurt to get to know him, could it? You should listen to Jenny and loosen up.
Wow! For the first time, I actually feel like loosening up! I have never felt anything even close to this before and I am surely starting to like it. It's only been a week since I met him and he already has the hold of me!

"Good morning!" He says pleasantly, opening the door for me.

"Good morning!"

He starts driving and taking the opportunity, I check him out.
Gawd! How can someone be so perfect?

"Your turn to stare?" He smirks.

"You really are something, aren't you?"

"Are you flirting with me, Miss?"

"Maybe. Do you want me to?"

"Maybe."

We burst out laughing. The sound of his laughter is just adorable. He looks so young and cute laughing like this.

"You should tell me more about yourself, Manik."

"Hey! You are my boss, remember? So, why should I give you personal information?" He says smugly.

"Let me rephrase it. I order you to tell me more about yourself. Or you will lose this wonderful job which only needs you to follow a beautiful girl around!"

"Hang on! Who is this beautiful girl I am supposed to follow? I thought Mr. Pathak told me to follow you!"

"Ha ha. Very funny." I roll my eyes.

"Sorry." He starts sniggering. "You are beautiful Nandini, very beautiful." He stops laughing and says, looking into my eyes.

"So you are flirting with me?" I mutter and look away. I am sure my cheeks are red.

"Maybe." He grins.

Wow! Who is this playful guy and where was he until now? Why has he suddenly decided to show this side of his to me? Maybe he likes you too. A small, hopeful voice says inside my head. My heart flutters at the thought.

We reach college and decided to go to the canteen since the first lecture is not for another twenty minutes.

"What do you want to know?" He asks, as we wait for Cabir and Navya.

"Let me think..do you have a girlfriend?" I ask the question that's been bugging me.

"No. I am single. And you seem interested in my love life." He smirks.

"No..It's...not like that. I just asked out of curiosity. Surely a guy like you could have any girl for a girlfriend."

"A guy like me? What do you mean?" His smirk deepens.

"Um..a..good looking guy like you!"

He looks away quickly. Wait, did he just...blush?

"Thanks for the compliment. To answer your question, girls do tend to take a liking to me. But I am waiting for the right person." He looks at me with a meaningful expression.