28|Beginnings

Nandini's POV

I jump into my bed with a stupid grin on my face. One moment, I am all upset and down in the dump. Next minute, I am cheerful and giggly. Why? Because Manik and I are talking again. Wow! I really must like him. You do!
I try to sleep, but my head is so full of everything that's been happening lately. Ever since Manik has stepped into my life, it's become dramatic as hell. And you are starting to enjoy the drama!

My phone beeps and I quickly grab it to see a text from Manik.

*why don't you sleep?*

Beaming at the screen, I reply.

*how do you know I am awake?*

*the lights in your room are on..duh!*

I dash to the window and see Manik standing in his balcony, a level below me. He is wearing a yellow vest and shorts. The pale lights outside are making him look even more divine, if that's possible. He had a sheepish smile on his face as he waves to me. Sheepish? Wow!

*not sleepy..*

*why not? Thinking about something, or someone??? ;)*

This totally turns me red!

*no. Maybe you are. Afterall, I was not the one standing in my balcony and looking at someone's window.*

He ruffles his hair and seems to be chuckling to himself. Sooo cute!

*well...*

*well..?*

*nothing. What are you doing tomorrow?*

*going to college.*

He gives me a surprised look and the next second, my phone starts ringing.

"Why do you think you are going to college tomorrow?" He says before I can talk.

"Why should I not go?"

"Nandini, I think you should rest tomorrow also. There is no need to go." He sounds worried.

"Manik, right now, the one thing I can do to feel normal is get back to my normal routine. If I stay at home, I'll feel like something is wrong with me." I say calmly.

He looks at me for a long time before responding. "Okay, if you must."

"Okay. Well..um..good night?"

"Hmm. I'll see you tomorrow at 8.30 by your car. Good night, Nandini."

"Bye, Manik."

With one final wave, he goes inside.

Finally a guy is making Nandini Murthy feel all jittery!

................

"I am really very sorry, Manik." Navya says for the umpteenth time, making us all groan.

"Navya, he has already said it's okay. About a million times. Stop chewing our brains now." Cabir whines.

"Shut up, Cabir." She glares at him. "Manik, I shouldn't have been so cold towards you."

"Navya, it really is okay. I understand you trusted the wrong person." Manik says firmly.

"See! He forgives you! Now get over it." Cabir scoffs. "Besides, we always knew you were a fool. So its okay."

"CABIR!"

"Drop it, guys. Navya, you are forgiven. So no more sorrys. And, Cabir, just shut up. You are irritating me." I snap at last.