Chapter 29

Short... yes.... should you be happy with this? Yes. I'm so sick, like it's horrible. I apologize for making you guys wait two weeks for a new chapter but, school has been so rough on me and then I got sick and couldn't update. You would think I could but, the past week I've been getting these awful headaches and haven't been able to do much with electronics (the light hurts my eyes).

Anyway....

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 45K AND OVER 1K VOTES!!!!!!

THAT'S RIDICOULUS!!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy Chapter 29 :)

Love You Guys Xx

Shaylee's POV

The lights stood dim as soft music plays through my phone. The rocking chair rocks back and forth as Harmony's soft, fragile body lays in my arms. Her chest steadily rose and fell as she slept peacefully, enveloped in the warmth of her blanket.

Noticing she was now asleep, I sigh and slowly move from the chair to her crib. I lay her down and place a kiss on her forehead.

"Shay!" I hear Calum yell. I leave the nursery and head to the top of the steps where I could hear him better.

"Yeah?!"

"Sp-Spencer just called." He said, his voice cracking in between words. My eyes widen as I race down the stairs and into the kitchen. I find Calum sitting on one of the bar stools and tears dripping down his face.

"Calum, what happened? Is Luke okay?" I ask, starting to choke up.

He remained quiet as he tried to make himself stop crying. The silence allowed thought after thought to swarm my head.

Did he die?

Maybe Calum's crying happy tears?

Is Spencer hurt?

Did Luke wake up?

What the hell is going on?

"Shay," he starts, "they don't know if he's going to make it."

My heart immediately sunk to the bottom of my chest and my eyes began to water. I slump down into the chair next to Calum and hold my head in my hands.

My parents are gone. I didn't need my brothers to start leaving me too. I felt Calum's hand begin to run up and down my back giving me the chills. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.

I come to realize, Calum was also crying. Possibly cry even more than me. My shirt had started to soak with his tears and every so often I would hear him sniffle. I don't blame him for crying. Luke's practically his brother.

I wrap my arms around him and hold him tight. "He'll be okay. I know he will." I whisper, "He'll pull through."

"I know he will too. It just hurts to hear someone actually tell me my best friend might... you know." He mumbles, his eyes tearing again.

I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck, "Its gonna get better, Shay."

Spencer's POV

"There's nothing we can do, Miss. West. I'm sorry."

"A-Are you sure?" I stutter, a crack in my voice and tears streaming down my face.

"I'm truly sorry, hun. Visiting hours are over in 10 minutes." She informs me.

"But, he's my boyfriend."

"Family only, Miss. West."

I narrow my eyes at her, "I'm pregnant with his kid."

"Fine." She sighs,"Please make sure to contact the family."

I stay quiet and nod my head. She exits the room and shuts the door behind her.

I roll my eyes and sit down in the chair next to Luke. I place my hand on my abdomen and rub circles on my teeny tiny bump.

With the other hand I take Luke's hand. Warmth gave me a sign of life and a little bit of hope. Luke's strong. He'll make it through this shit.

He has to. His baby is depending on it. I don't want my unborn child growing up without a father.

One day my son or daughter will  come home from school and ask, "Mummy, why don't I have a daddy?"

A question like that is horrible to hear from your child's mouth. And the response a mother would have to give. How could a woman tell their child their father died. He was murdered. How could someone do that?

The child would start to think their father was a bad man. But, Luke, he isn't a bad man. He's the reason some people are still here today. Luke and the boys are super heroes that don't wear capes. Instead they're super heroes that bear guitars and drum sticks.

And that's what I cherish about Luke. Knowing he could even make a complete stranger happy. That reminds me why I love him. And I know he won't hold on just for the baby but, for the fans, his sister and brothers, me, Calum, Michael, and Ashton. We're his whole family. He can't give up on us.

__________________________________

I hope you all enjoyed it :)

Love You Guys Xx