Chapter 30

Another short chapter and I apologize. Next one will be much longer. I promise :)

You could thank the song Night Changes by One Direction for this chapter.

*NOT EDITED*

Enjoy >:)

_______________________

Blue lips...

A pale face...

Heart beat, gone...

Who knew it would come to this.

The room was anything but quiet. Nurses and doctors swarmed the room. "We have to resuscitate him ma'am, you have to step out of the room." The nurse spits. I do nothing but stare into her panicked face blankly.

Everything becomes silent as I become farther and farther away from my brother. The medical terms that I don't understand, fading. The heart monitor is all I could hear now.

The beeping was frantic. Almost as if it was panicking too, along with the staff in the room. Just as the door is closed in my face, the beeps are gone. The green lines, I had noticed, were no longer their normal zig zags but, just a long continuous line. The obnoxious beeping was now being held out.

That's when I broke. Although through everything, I could still hear them fighting for his life.

Calum's POV

They were screaming in her face, telling her to leave the room. She was in shock. She literally couldn't move. Shaylee continues to stare blankly at the nurse.

I step in and grab her by the arm. I hated to have to pull her out of there like that but, if they were going to try and get Luke back she needed to leave.

The monitor flat lines causing her to yell for her brother. The tears are rushing down her face, nails digging into my arm.

She's saying things but it's all jumbled into one big sobbing mess. "He's gone." She sobbed, "Let go of me, Calum. " I respect her words and let go of her. I keep a close eye on her just incase she decides to try running back to her brother's room.

Instead she just stood there. Her back facing me and her arms down at her side. I could hear her quiet sniffles and her mumbled words.

The two of us stood in this position for what felt like hours but it was only a couple of minutes. Shaylee turns around and slowly walks up to me. Tears stained her cheeks and her eyes were red and appeared tired.

She snakes her arms around my waist and pulls me close to her, "Is he going to be okay?" She whispers against my chest.

I stay silent not knowing how to respond. I take a deep breath, "I don't know, Shay. But, what I do know is that he's a strong person and he knows he can't leave us. He knows that in the months to come he's gonna have a kid, and he's gonna have to be there for the baby. Most importantly, he loves you so much and he'll never leave you."

I feel her grip loosen up on my waist and she picks up her head to look at me, "Really?"

"Of course, Shay. You know, before we met you, Luke talked about you all the time. It was like nonstop. Same with Spencer when he first started dating her. He cares for you two so much. He would never leave you guys. "

"I guess you're right. Thanks, Cal." She smiles as she places a kiss on my lips.

"You're welcome, love."

Sean's POV (the guy who broke into the house)

I sigh as the policeman sits me down in the cold metal chair.

"Why'd you do it?" The detective asks.

"I'm not tellin' you shit." I smirk.

"Are you working for someone?"

"Does it matter? You're still gonna put me in jail. Partner or not."

"Mr. Robinson answer the question! Are you working for someone or not!?"

"David Hood. That's who I'm working for."

Shaylee's POV

I pace up and down the hallway, biting at my nails. My heart raced and my palms had become sweaty.

Waiting like this was making me crazy. There was still tons of commotion in the small hospital room. And I have yet to figure out whether or not my brother was going to live.

"Shaylee please sit down." Calum pleaded.

"I can't sit still." I mumble. I hear him groan in frustration.

"Can I at least get you something? Food, water, anything?"

"Nope."

"Fine, then I'm going down to the food court. Michael and Ashton should be here soon. Call me if anything happens."

"Mhm." I hum in response.

-

Ten minutes goes by and then door to Luke's room slowly creaks open. A nurse comes out with a look of sorrow.

My eyes begin to water as if I already know what she's about to say.

"Miss. Hemmings, lets take a seat. Shall we?"

I nod my head and she leads me to the nearest chair. She takes my hand in hers and sighs.

"Miss. Hemmings, I'm sorry to inform you but, your brother has passed."

________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVES!!!

THANK YOU FOR 46K!! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME.

Thank you for another great year with Baby Daddy (yes this book has been up for more than a year and im still not done, dont judge).

Annnnnnyywaaaaay.....

I hope you guys have a great start to the new year

Love You Guys Xx