Chapter 7

Recap:

I bring the phone up to my ear, hoping to hear Calum's voice on the other end.

S: "H-Hello?" I answer.

"Hi, is this Shaylee Hemmings?"  

S: "Y-Yes who's this?"

"This is Dr. Harris from the Atlanta hospital (a/n I forgot to mention but they're in Georgia now)."

S: "Okay and?"

"We have Calum Hood here. He got into a car accident."

And at those words I'm almost positive my heart came to a complete stop.

___________________________

Tears being to fall from my eyes as the phone falls from my grasp. I grabbed my purse and slipped on my vans. "Shaylee what's going on?" one of the boys asks me.

I ignore them and run out the door. I hear running feet following behind me, along with some rambling about what was going on. I didn't bother to wait for the elevator and instead jolted down the stairs two at a time.

I stop for a second to get some money out of my purse for a cab and then continue to run through the lobby. I swing open the doors but never hear them close. I feel someone tug at my shoulder, slowing me down.

"Shaylee Ava Hemmings!" Luke yelled. I stop. He's never yelled like that before. I slowly turn around, "What's going on Shaylee?" He asks.

More tears continue to drip down my face. I take a deep, shaky breath,"I-It's Calum. He got into a car crash, Luke. I'm scared." Luke's eyes begin to tear up. He takes a few steps towards me wrapping me in a hug.

"He'll be fine. I promise. Now come on, don't bother with a cab I'll just call an Uber." He whispers into my ear. He takes a step back pulling out his phone and dialing some number into his phone.

"So, what's going on?" Michael finally asks.

"Calum got into a car crash. They never told me how, or what exactly was wrong with him. Although, they probably would've told me if I hadn't dropped the phone and ran out the door." I smile.

"Hey! You smiled! We like it when you smile. Please don't get too upset, I'm sure it's not that bad." Ashton tells me. "But, of course, I'm also scared to see what happened to Calum. Whatever it is, he's strong, he'll make it. Especially now that he has two small people that are depending on him."

I nod my head. I guess he's right, it can't be that bad.

~~At The Hospital~~

He laid in the bed, stitches and bruises scattered through out his whole body. Turns out, it could be that bad. His arm was in a cast, a bandage was wrapped around his head, and a tube was placed in his nose. His skin was paler than usual, I'm guessing because of the blood loss. His normally perfectly placed hair was now in a mess.

Tears had been streaming down not only my face now. As soon as we walked into his room the boys began to cry. Calum means a lot to the four of us. I'm not sure what we would do with out him. To be honest with you, I might die along with him. I wouldn't ever be the same if we were to loose him.

Man, I don't think any of us would be the same without him. The same goes with the other boys too. Actually, now that I think about it, no one would ever be the same if all of these boys were to disappear. So many people love them and are so dependent on them, they'd all flip shit if they were gone.