Chapter Five : Cemetery

The cemetery was dark and creepy. 'Isn't it supposed to be noon?' I asked. Mabel shrugged. I stepped on some sticky stuff. 'Ugh, what is this stuff?' I asked. She inspected it.

'I hereby say that I, Mabel Pines have discovered...Sticky Stuff!' she exclaimed a she held some in the air. 'Uh, what are you doing?' I asked.

Mabel was putting the slime in her pockets. 'Collection.' 'Really?' I sighed.

The more we went through the cemetery, the darker it got. 'This place is creepier than Grunkle Stan's denture collection.' I said. 'This place is creepier than your internet history.' said Mabel. 'Haha, I walked into that one.' I said sarcastically.

I lightly punched her in the shoulder.

I keep falling into jokes and puns of me being short and about my creepy Internet history. I hate it, but I learn to not care. I sighed.

'Well, we should start digging, I guess.' I said, my voice obviously stating that I didn't want to do that. 'Yeah! Let the digging commence!' said Mabel excitedly.

The air felt colder all of a sudden. Way colder. 'Uh, did someone turn on the air conditioner?' said Mabel.

Suddenly, a figure emerged in the mist. 'Excuse me sir, we were just about to dig up some ol' —!' shouted Mabel. I slapped my hand onto her mouth before she finished. "You're yelling at a complete stranger in the middle.of the cemetery about us digging up teeth? What the heck Mabel?" I whispered.

' Maybe he's friendly!' she said. I facepalmed. 'You jinxed it.' I said softly. The figure was getting closer and closer by the second. 'You....' a raspy voice said.We backed up.

A broken, wrinkled, old finger slowly pointed at me. 'Whoa there,' I said. The mysterious figure's face finally was revealed.

'Hey, I hope you don't mind us digging up some dead bodies and collecting a barrel full of—' started Mabel. 'Oh, hey, look at the time! It's one o' clock, we should really get going!' I butted in.

To be honest, I actually expected some kind of old, ugly face and surprise, surprise, it's a witch ready to brew us and eat us or unleash some sort of horrible curse.

But, boy, oh boy, I was off. I wasn't too far off though.

The skin ripped apart as a shimmering blue light began expanding, and spilling out guts everywhere. I wished we could've unseen that.

A ghost of some sort, blu-ish light emitting from the entity. It took on the form of a human. It's presence sending an eerie mood in the cemetery.

'I'm sure it's friendly.' said Mabel reassuringly.

'Who dares enter the sacred cemetery?' a deep voice bellowed.

'Yep, he's friendly!' said Mabel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is short. And the next one too. Don't worry, the next ones won't be as short as these! 400 words and above? I'm a noob.