Chapter Twenty : Inception

I woke with a start. I was on a bed in a room with stone walls. My head was aching like I ate 10 packets of SmileDip at once. I touched it, and realised it was bandaged.
I tried to sit up, but my back hurt equally as much as my head. I ignored the pain and struggled to sit up. "Argh!" I screamed as I sat up. Panting heavily, I looked around more clearly.
There was a coffee table on the right side of the bed and on the right side was two stools next to each other. I was about to get out of bed when the door burst open. Mabel,came rushing in followed by a girl. "Dipper! Stay in bed!" Mabel said hurriedly and pushed me down. "What? Whats going on? Why am I here? Where is 'here'?" I asked just as quickly.
"You're safe now. Bill struck you with a fireball-," Mabel said.
"Wait, what?" I asked, confused.
"You don't remember?"
"I do, but...didn't this already happen?"
"What are you talking about? Bill blasted you, there was a fight and Ash murdered Sam."
Whoa. Did all the events after that a premonition? Or did I go back in time?
"It's purple outside isn't it?" I asked. "Yeah. How'd you know?" Mabel replied, raising her eyebrow. My eyes widened. "What is it?"
"Nothing."
----------------------------------
We walked to the main area.
"There you guys are! We don't have all day." he said, leaning on a table. "Look at mister bad mood! All okay now?" He smiled. "I just snapped for a few seconds. It happens." he replied. "By brutaly murdering someone? Thats illegal!" exclaimed Mabel. "Are you saying you can kill someone legally like that?" Ash asked. "I'm saying I think we can kill people-"
"With happiness." I said, cutting her off and finishing her sentence. Mabel stared at me with a serious expression, then smiled. "This guy gets it!" she said.
"Okay, let's skip the small chat. We need to prepare ourselves smartly." I said, avoiding the time wasting history lesson Ash gave us. "Whoa." Ash randomly said.
"Get the Dematerialiser and send Bill back into the Dreamscape as soon as possible."
"How'd you know all of this?"
--------------------------------------------
I woke up in my room.

"What?" I said out loud. It was dark. I got up and went outside, making sure not to wake anybody up. "This doesn't make sense. Was all of that a dream?" I asked myself. I sat on the front porch. Then, it hit me. The box isn't even here. This was the night before the incident! I checked the living room. I shuddered. Definitely. The box that Ash comes from hasn't appeared yet. Wait, didn't Soos say it appeared the next morning?

I waited until the morning. Suddenly, the box started to materialise. I rubbed my eyes and ran towards the box. I got dressed and everything last night to prepare myself. "This is it." I said. I banged on the doors with my fists. "ASH! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! COME OUT!" I yelled.

Suddenly, Grunkle Stan walked out the front door, still not fully dressed. "Huh, I didn't know you idolize your sister. Very loud in the morning." he said as he rubbed his eyes.
"Humph."
"Hey, don't 'humph' me, kid."
"I never said I was talking to you." I said, still grumpy from not sleeping all night.
"Maybe you were talking to me, then?" somebody else said. I turned around to see the same thing, but a little bit different. Stan had yellow eyes and his pupils were replaced with long, black slits. "Bill. What now?" I asked.
"I've got plans for you, kid. And just a little tip : don't befriend the boy. You'll find who I'm talking about soon enough."
"Um...you mean Ash?" I asked.
...
"How...did you know that?" he asked.
"Oh. So he doesn't know." I thought.
So he doesn't know, huh?