A Sudden Appearance

[edited: 27.01.18]

It was a regular day at Anteiku again. The coffee shop was filled with customers. Both ghouls and humans came in to have their morning coffee. A young girl with purplish dark blue hair and long bangs over her left eye did her service with a smile on her face while serving costumers.

"Hey lady? May I have some more coffee?" A man from the corner of the room called for her.

"Coming right up!" The girl smiled in a friendly manner and grabbed a cup of coffee freshly prepared by Kaya.

"Here you go Touka." She said, placing the cup on the table and giving her a smile.

Touka took the cup and served it to the man. A smile remained on her face at all times, to make the customers feel comfortable and welcome.

As Touka turned away from the man, someone walked past her, bumping into her as he did so and smirking. Frowning in irritation, Touka turned to face the man. "Why do you have to be an asshole all the time, Nishiki?" Touka grumbled out with her hands placed on her hips and a frown evident on her face.

Nishiki placed his index finger softly on his lips, as if she needed to be quiet.

"Oh, you're shushing me?" Touka snapped.

Nishiki shook his head and leaned on the table, giving Touka a mocking smirk. "You know Touka, if you talk with your dirty foul mouth all the time, it might affect our service and Yoshimura will have to fire you."

Touka took a step towards him. "Please. He won't even think of that. If you continue being an ass, Nishiki, maybe he'll fire you instead!" She gained on him, walking towards him in an aggressive manner.

"I doubt that." Nishiki growled back, gaining on her too.

Kaya's voice interrupted them. They both turned to look at the woman and saw a clear frown on her face. "Come on you too, stop being such whiny brats. You'll upset the customers."

They both let out small irritated grumbles and rolled their eyes. After that, Touka was about to turn away but Nishiki stopped her as he slightly fired up the argument again.

"Yeah Touka. You'll upset the customers.." Nishiki fixed his glasses as he muttered that out slyly, crossing his arms and looking around the room. Not facing Touka, who was glaring at him for attempting to start the argument again.

"Drop it, Nishiki." Kaya sighed with annoyance.

Nishiki's response was a scoff. He turned away from Kaya once a customer called him, he changed emotions almost instantly and his frown became a charming smile for the customers.

"Coming." He chirped.

Touka sighed with frustration. I can't believe he even works here! She thought. Before turning away and resumed her job.

--

After the busy afternoon, Touka stayed behind to clean the tables.

Wiping them carefully and humming her favorite tune.

Suddenly Touka stopped.

Something in the corner of her eye caught her attention. What she found reminded her too much of...of..him.

Touka had noticed that one of their customers had left an eye patch, it certainly belonged to a child. It's shape and size told Touka that it came from a toy. But it looked exactly like his...

"Is that Kaneki's?" A soft voice came behind her.

Touka jumped in surprise due to it, before she swallowed and shook her head softly. "N-No. A customer forgot it here today." Touka explained.