A Battle

[edited on: 02/02/18]

"NO!" Kaneki's scream, was pretty much the last thing Touka heard before she tumbled to the ground and her ears started ringing.

She fell to the floor and soon realized that it wasn't only Kaneki here. But a dove as well.

Touka was able to see Kaneki for a second before her vision blurred. Her body started to become numb as the blood poured out of her back and formed a crimson puddle of blood around her.

"Oh, wow, how dumb of me.." Touka chuckled weakly, before closing her eyes and falling unconscious.

As the girl went still in front of him, Kaneki felt sudden rage indulge him.

His hand started shaking, his whole body was shaking. Not in fear, but in absolute fury.

Kaneki shivered, panting in disbelief at first, before he opened his mouth and started to scream in rage.

He tried his best to keep himself standing, but his body wouldn't listen, because he swayed side to side.

His kagune didn't help either, because it was thrashing out in anger.

"How interesting, both Rabbit and Eye-patch." The dove, who had stayed quiet for a while, said wryly. "What? Are you two lovers or something?" He smirked.

Kaneki ignored everything he said and tried to get a balance.

Touka...no, why did you come after me? Kaneki whimpered.

Why did you have to come?!

Why did he have to hurt you?!

"I'll kill you.." Kaneki hissed out quietly.

The dove gave him a confused look. "What was that? I can't hear you because of that mask. Mind taking it off?" He suggested with a wry tone.

Kaneki stood still and stopped swaying side to side. He had finally managed to get his balance. His balance was back, but his sanity was slowly seeping out of him.

"I'll kill you.." He repeated, louder this time.

The dove didn't say anything, just tightened his grip on his sword-like quinque.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Kaneki screeched in fury, his left eye turning into a red pupil. Kaneki set into sprint, dashing towards the dove.

The dove gritted his teeth and raised his sword. "Die!" He screamed and brought down his sword.

Kaneki deflected it with his kagune, making the dove hiss in annoyance. Kaneki looked into the dove's eyes, his eyes showing how mad he really was.

Both of them wrestled with their own weapons, the dove pushing down on Kaneki's kagune and Kaneki pushing his quinque up. Waiting for an opening, Kaneki tripped the dove over with his extra kagune and the dove fell to the floor.

Standing up almost immediately, the man deflected Kaneki's blow with his quinque.

As a response, Kaneki wrapped his kagune around his quinque.

Kaneki let out a hysterical chuckle as he noticed the dove had reacted too late.

Still dazed, the dove was pushed harshly away by Kaneki's kagune.

The dove skittered across the floor before looking up at Kaneki with narrowed, angered eyes. "You're the weirdest ghoul yet, you changed almost immediately when I hurt your little friend." The dove murmured.

At the mention of 'friend', his eyes briefly glanced at the unconscious Touka, who was bleeding out on the floor. Kaneki's breath hitched, before his fury started to get even worse.