A Walk

[edited: 30.01.18]

"Hey guys!"

Both Kaneki and Touka woke up to Hinami's voice, they slowly came back to consciousness. Both letting out dazed, sleepy groans.

They both looked at each other for a second, not realizing what position they were in. Before both their eyes widened as suddenly reality hit them hard. Kaneki was hugging Touka and Touka was hugging him.

And they were pretty pressed up against each other.

"You guys look so cute together!" Hinami clapped her hands, making the situation a bit worse.

Kaneki looked at Touka and Touka looked at him, both of them not breathing due to the shock.

Before finally, they snapped out of it. Yelping, they both separated and covered themselves under the blanket. Kaneki faced away from Touka, his face red with embarrassment and Touka's face had the same embarrassed look.

"I can see you still!" Hinami giggled.

Squeaking in embarrassment, Touka jumped out of his bed and kicked him on the back.

"Ow!" Kaneki groaned and curled up in a ball, rubbing his back.

"Idiot!" Touka screamed at him and she sprinted away from him. She dashed to her room, before entering and slamming the door behind her.

Kaneki sat up and scratched his head, still a bit confused and of course, immensely embarrassed at what had happened. But a small smile appeared on his face as he remembered the that he didn't have a nightmare once Touka hugged him and slept by his side.

I really didn't have a nightmare this night...maybe I was right. Touka-chan helped me sleep. And once I hugged her... Kaneki closed his eyes and remembered her warm embrace, making him feel safe. For at least a while.. Touka pretty much made him feel happy the whole time, which was the best thing about her. Well, pretty much everything about her made him happy.

"Wee!" Hinami interrupted his thoughts about Touka and jumped on his back.

"Onii-chan, you've changed a lot." She told him, as she said that, her hands grabbed a bit of his hair and played with it softly.

Sighing, Kaneki shook his head as an amused smile decorated his face."Well, same goes for you." Kaneki told her.

Hinami smiled and giggled, pulling his hair a bit too rough and making him wince. "You're so strong now, and your appearance has changed a lot!" Hinami told him.

Kaneki shrugged and nodded. Agreeing with her on that.

"Ah and Kaneki..." She got closer to his ear and whispered: "If you really do like Touka, maybe invite her out." She told him with a smile.

Kaneki froze and felt himself go red. Was it that obvious? Did he really make it that obvious that he likes her? That isn't quite a bad idea, I mean... that would be nice..A cup of coffee or something...

"Oi." Touka's voice was heard. Kaneki turned around and saw the girl get out of her room and look at both of them, she still looked quite embarrassed when she met Kaneki's gaze.

"What are you two talking about?" She asked, as confident as possible.

Before Kaneki could respond with a small lie, Hinami blurted out.

"Kaneki-chan wants to go out with you!" Hinami smiled, screaming it out like the whole world had to know.

Kaneki froze, his hands gripped at the blankets below him. Why did she have to say that?! She just had to do it did she. Gulping, Kaneki looked away, trying to hide his red cheeks from Touka.