Disappearance

[edited: 31.01.18]

Touka blinked herself awake, she felt oddly happy and warm.

Soon she noticed why, because the memories of yesterday entered her mind and she smiled at them. After gazing at the lake and talking, Kaneki and Touka walked back together. Talking like never before. She felt like she could go on forever, she wanted to, but once she reached Anteiku, exhaustion just hit her and she went to bed.

Kaneki didn't mind that, which made Touka a bit irritated since she wanted him to talk to her more. But she felt happy once he wished her goodnight and gave her a wave as he left her room.

Now its the morning, and that's behind her.

Touka sat up and opened her eyes, groaning at the light coming from her window. Touka rubbed her eyes so they could adjust to the brightness.

Leaving her bed, she shivered as the warmth of her blankets left her. Touka yawned, stretched and opened the door.

The first sight she saw was Hinami by Kaneki's bed. Which was empty.

"Where's Kaneki?" Touka asked immediately, her tone starting to get worried.

Hinami looked up from her book, looked at Touka and then moved her gaze to Kaneki's bed. "Kaneki?" Hinami started, her tone clearly distracted. "Oh, Nishiki said he went out or something." Hinami shrugged and returned to her book.

Touka pursed her lips and walked downstairs, leaving the young girl to her book. Nishiki and Kaya were lounging around the kitchen and talking to each other once she saw them. Approaching them, Touka cleared her throat. "Hey, where's Kaneki?" She called.

Nishiki turned and sighed, running a hand through his hair, he faced her. "I don't know, the guy said he'll come back after a few hours."

Hours? What?! Touka widened her eyes slightly at hearing 'hours'. How long did Kaneki want to stay out for? "Hours? Did he tell you what he's going to do?" She asked Nishiki.

"No, and I don't mind if I don't know why." Nishiki said wryly. Touka clicked her tongue in irritation and turned to Kaya.

"What about you? Did he tell you anything?" She asked the woman, hoping for a better answer.

To her disappointment, Kaya shook her head slowly and replied with: "No, sorry Touka."

Touka let out a frustrated sigh.

"So, technically, no one knows where he went?" Touka muttered out dryly.

Nishiki shrugged and continued his conversation with Kaya.

Knowing that they wouldn't be of much help, Touka turned to go up the stairs again. Worried thoughts about where Kaneki could be, filled her head.

"Touka wait." Kaya told her, making the girl stop in her tracks. Touka turned around and faced her co-worker.

"Hm?" Touka blinked at Kaya, kind of distracted due to the concerned thoughts she had of Kaneki.

"I owe you one remember? For giving me your day off?" Kaya reminded her.

Touka raised a brow and nodded. She did remember that. "Yeah, you were sick and I insisted you take my day off."

Kaya gave Touka a friendly smile, before pulling out something from her pocket. "Which means I told Yoshimura about my day off, and insisted you would have it." The long black haired woman waved the note in her hand.

Touka looked at the note, before a smirk decorated her lips. Touka playfully pointed finger guns at Kaya. "Thanks Kay."

Kaya smiled as a response, and as the two girls turned, they noticed that Nishiki had a blank, almost sad expression.