A Preparation

"It's freezing."

Kaneki snorted in laughter and smirked smugly. "I told you. Didn't I?" Touka groaned and then opened her mouth as she tried to sneeze. Kaneki chuckled lightly once she did, making her glare at him and frown. "Guess you're the one getting sick today aren't you?" He raised a brow. "No, I'm not." Touka snorted, but her tone was thick with uncertainty. Kaneki chuckled softly, taking off his jacket and handing it to Touka. Touka blinked at it, and then moved her gaze to meet Kaneki's. She furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you sure?" Kaneki nodded reassuringly, urging his jacket more. "Won't you get cold?" She raised a brow. "It's better for me to get sick than you. After all-" He smiled warmly. "You have studying to do. Don't you?" Touka then smiled jokingly and pushed his jacket away. "I rather be sick than study." She laughed lightly. Kaneki smiled in amusement. "Nah, you really don't." Kaneki told her. Touka snorted and shook her head with a smile, and looked down.

Feeling Kaneki take off her thicker coat so he could put on his jacket on her. Then he put her thick coat back on her, and Touka smiled at the warmth given to her. "Don't get sick." Kaneki told her soothingly. "Same goes for you." Touka replied warmly back. Kaneki then chuckled sweetly and wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer and resting his head on hers. Touka smiled warmly as she closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth and happiness he gave her. She wanted this moment to last forever, to be with him forever. To- "Hey, we're back." Kaneki brought her out of her thoughts. Touka blinked open her eyes and found herself in front of Anteiku. Disappointment filled her immediately, her expression darkened and she sighed. She then felt Kaneki nudge her. "Hey, don't you remember what I said earlier?" Touka then blinked at him, trying to remember what he said earlier. "That I'm going to stay here for tonight?" Kaneki reminded her and tilted his head slightly. Touka let out a slight gasp of realization, and then her dark expression was replaced by a joyful smile. "Rightt-" She then elbowed him playfully. "Don't snore or kick me this time. Okay?"

Kaneki's face was replaced by an expression full of shock. "I kick? I snore?" He asked her with a worried tone. "Do I really kick and snore?" He blinked at her. Touka laughed lightly. "At times." Kaneki flushed light red and scratched the back of his head. "Shit. I didn't know." He mumbled. "Don't kill yourself over it. I'll just wake you up." Kaneki rolled his eyes. "Oh please don't." Touka laughed as she walked over the door and pulled down the door knob. It didn't open. "Um..just a minute." She told him, as she tried again. Groaning as it didn't work. "What's wrong?" Kaneki walked up next to her. "It's..um..locked." She scratched the back of her head as she walked down the stairs to check the windows. She looked right through them and squinted her eyes. No one was there, so she figured that Nishiki returned as well as Kaya and Enji. What about Roma? Was Hinami awake? The lights were still on. Which was odd. Normally they would've been turned off. "Any luck?" She turned to face Kaneki.

He shook his head and then pointed up. Touka looked at where he was pointing and saw the familiar 'Closed' sign. Sure, Anteiku was closed after midnight but why were the lights still on? "I can bring us up. With..the kagune." Kaneki shrugged. Touka shook her head, disagreeing at first at his suggestion, and then pounding on the door. Hoping that someone would hear her. "Guys!" She screamed. "Guys, it's me. Touka!" Kaneki walked down the stairs and walked around the building. Doing the same thing Touka did and looking through the windows. "What's going on?" Touka asked herself. Maybe Kaneki's suggestion wasn't as bad. If they didn't open the door, then, what else are they going to do? Kick the door open? That would just cause trouble. "Should we wait a bit longer?" Touka asked him. Curious of his opinion. Kaneki looked up as he spoke. "They're not opening the door. So I think we should just get up." He told her. "But what if they open the door and we're not there?" Touka stated. He just shrugged, dismissing her question as he turned a corner in an alleyway. Touka sighed and chased after him. Knowing where he was going, he was going to try and find the window that she has in her room. Which is on the balcony, an easy way to get in. That's if the window isn't locked either. He then stopped once he was right below it. "It's that one right?" He asked her. Touka nodded, and then pursed her lips. Should she really let Kaneki do all the work? I mean, I can get up there with my kagune easily as well. Maybe faster?