A Warning

[edited: 14/02/18]

Blinking his eyes slowly open, Kaneki woke up.

He felt Touka's forehead resting softly on his back. Kaneki smiled at her touch, before he sat up as slowly as he could. Careful not to wake her up.

His eyes surveyed the room. He noticed that the only sight of light was the soft light blue light of early morning.

"I guess I woke up way too early." He sighed and rubbed his temple.

He stood up slowly, still careful not to wake Touka up and walked over to the window. He opened the windows and blinked slightly as the light came into his eyes.

Kaneki yawned. He really did wake up early and he knew he could sleep a bit more, so he turned around to get back in bed. "I guess I'll sleep a bit more-"

His body froze as he saw a shadow behind his back.

Narrowing his eyes, he spun around and stared out of the window. All he saw was the horizon, and snow.

After analyzing the window just a bit more thoroughly, Kaneki sighed.

"I'm just imagining things." He told himself and turned once more to get back to bed.

Only to be interrupted, by what he saw next.

"Oh."

As that single word left his lips, Kaneki turned around. His tone turned dark and furious. Kaneki's left eye turned into a red pupil, which was surrounded by the darkness that branched out to cover his whole eye.

Being careful not to wake up Touka, he grabbed his mask which was on the couch. Kaneki hastily placed it on before he opened the window and exited to the balcony.

"Long time no see." He snarled.

His kagune spread out of his back and he jumped at where he saw the figure.

Kaneki landed on the roof of the building next to Anteiku. He used his kagune for him to get up before he retrieved it into his back.

In front of him was a young boy, with Touka's exact same hair color.

The boy turned and faced Kaneki.

"Ayato." Kaneki greeted him, with a dark tone.

Touka's brother, who had similar facial features and his hair was almost like his older sister's.

"Eye-patch." Ayato replied, with the same tone.

The wind was the only sound as they both stayed quiet.

Ayato had his fists clenched and the boy narrowed his eyes. It was obvious that he wasn't a small bit happy on seeing Kaneki.

"I didn't plan to see you here." Kaneki asked with a plain tone. "Are you going to stay here for long?"

Ayato gritted his teeth and his dark blue eyes turned into red pupils. "No. I don't plan to be." He growled at Kaneki.

Although the boy was angry, Kaneki sensed that he was scared. It wasn't surprising as how he threatened to tell the boy's secret and how he fought against him, almost being victorious but Ayato escaped with an unknown ghoul.

Though still, the memory of Touka's own brother, ripping her to sheds made him shudder with anger.

But he had to keep it in.

Keeping it cool, Kaneki's ghoul eye reverted back to his own grey one.

"Then what are you doing here?" Kaneki asked him, his defensive tone lying low just a bit.