A Dance

[edited: 04/02/18]

Touka stared out the window at the changing landscape. 

The sun was setting and they were almost half way there. 

Her eyes left the window and moved to look at the passenger seat on where Kaneki was sitting. 

They were talking. Kaneki and Yomo. 

Touka narrowed her eyes as she tried to understand what they were talking about. 

"Kaneki, I'm placing you to protect both of them just in case the doves are inside. They might recognize Hinami, or you... they know that a dove was killed in the 20th ward." 

Touka recoiled at the line 'protect both of them'. She gritted her teeth and got closer to the driver's seat. "I can protect all three of us if I need you, Yomo!" Touka hissed right behind Yomo's ear. 

Ignoring her , Yomo gave a quick glance at Kaneki and then back at the road. 

"You've got the sugar cubes, drink a coffee and that will help subside your hunger until you get back home." 

Kaneki just gave a quick nod and looked outside.

Touka was still hungry for answers on what Kaneki and Yomo were talking about. Kaneki had left her with no answer to the question she asked a few days ago on why he disappeared. 

Which really really, bothered her. 

As well as how he just waved off Hinami's question, which was exactly the same as hers. 

"Hey don't you know this stuff?" Touka asked Kaneki. 

"I do...it's just..." Kaneki didn't answer her and just rested his head on the window. 

"Hinami, Touka, any suspicious glances towards you, get out of that place." Yomo warned, once again. Both Touka and Hinami gave a sigh of irritation once the man reminded them for the sixth time. 

"I'm not nine!" Hinami squealed in frustration. 

Kaneki and Touka both  let out a soft chuckle as she got up from her seat and started poking Yomo furiously. 

"Hinami sit down and put your seat-belt on, the doves won't get you but you'll die flying out of the car." Yomo told her with a serious tone. 

Hinami shuddered in terror and quickly sat back down. The girl stumbled to put on her seatbelt.

Both Kaneki and Touka start laughing softly which makes Hinami groan in embarrassment. 

Yomo lets out a soft smile himself, before returning to his usual unemotional self. 

                                                                                          ***

"Remember any-" 

To cut him off, Touka stuck her tongue out at Yomo and nodded. "We heard your little warning about fifty times Yomo, you can stop now!" She frowned. 

Hinami nodded in agreement and Kaneki let out a soft chuckle. 

Yomo sighed and nodded. He quickly said goodbye and drove off. Leaving the three of them on the stairs to the entrance of the building. 

"You have the tickets right?" Touka asked Kaneki. 

Kaneki dug into his pocket and nodded, sliding out three blue tickets with a piano on them.

"Good, let's go in." Touka took Hinami's hand and the three of them went up the stairs. 

Hinami just raced inside, making the man holding the door for them look at them with surprised eyes.