A Reunion

[updated: 25/07/18]
[format: DD/MM/YY]

"How did I do?"

Touka looked at Yoriko nervously as the girl finished marking the last few questions on the problems she had solved.

She really hoped she had gotten them all right.

She had too, all that studying should have been enough. Her hands ached after all that writing.

Balling her hands into fists, Touka tried to keep her composure since she felt herself grow even more nervous.

Yoriko stacked the papers up and straightened them. Her eyes were locked on the papers for a few silent seconds, until she frowned and moved her eyes to look at Touka.

"I'm not sure you improved."

Touka's eyes widened in disbelief and she shot her head towards Yoriko. "Did I do that bad?!" She faltered.

Yoriko's lips twitched, which made Touka's disbelief be replaced with confusion. Yoriko's lips continued to twitch, until she burst into a fit of laughter.

"Oh.." Touka smiled in relief and sighed. "You're such a jerk Yoriko."

"That's why you love me." Yoriko teased and smiled at Touka, giving her a thumbs up.

"You did excellent." Yoriko grinned.

She then moved her gaze down to Touka's papers. "Your math and science scores are very good. You've been working your butt off haven't you?"

Touka sighed and nodded, smiling softly, she looked at Yoriko.

"I guess. It's been tough." Touka informed her with her lips stretching upwards to let out a loud yawn.

Yoriko looked at Touka's papers then back at Touka. "Wow, you're really determined to get into Kamii." Yoriko smiled cheekily. But her smile vanished for a second, "Are you sure it's not because of your boyfriend?"

Touka let out a sigh.

She already knew that was mostly the reason she wanted get into Kamii.

"No, I mean...Kamii is a very good University right?" Touka smiled faintly but then it faded quickly. "He's gone anyway."

Yoriko blinked at her. "Wait, so did you two break up?" Yoriko asked in alarm, her eyes going round.

"I wouldn't put it that way-" Touka started.

"Did he hurt you?! I swear if he did, I'll kill him!" Yoriko hissed.

"Yoriko, it's fine!" Touka smiled softly at her friend. "And no, he didn't hurt me."

He kind of did.

"He just had to go. Somewhere."

And leave me alone...

Yoriko's muscles relaxed and she let out a sigh of relief, a smile appeared immediately on her face.

"That's good. I would've chased after him right now if you'd told me he hurt you."

Touka chuckled softly and Yoriko slowly joined in.

"That's why I have you as my friend don't I?" Touka smiled.

Yoriko let out a soft 'aw' and hugged her.

"Of course, you're my little independent, strong woman friend."

Touka frowned at her teasing remark and Yoriko laughed at her.

"Come on, stop with that already." Touka said angrily. "That was long ago."