A Small Stay

"Let me help you."

Touka shook her head furiously. "No! I'm-I'm fine." She hissed through gritted teeth as she limped beside Kaneki. She gripped at her bleeding arm and looked down at her foot, almost as bad as her arm. She was tolerating the pain, but that didn't mean she could bear it for long. Closing her eyes, she winced as her wounded foot touched the floor. "Shit." She growled. "Stop being so stubborn, I have to help you." Kaneki told her. "I'm fine!" Touka told him again. She didn't want to be helped, not with Ayato behind her. Just when she looked back to see her brother, she completely forgot about her wounded foot and stepped on the ground. Giving a loud yell of pain, she tripped over. Only to be caught by Kaneki, and brought back up. "See what being stubborn gives you?" He raised a brow.

"Fine. You can help me.." Touka murmured. Kaneki blinked at her, he wrapped her arm around his neck and raised her up from the ground slightly. "Gosh.." Touka looked away and didn't meet his gaze, she continued limping. She looked back at and saw both her younger brother and Hinami. He was helping her with her new books Touka had brought her, and she smiled as she skipped behind him. As if she had forgotten what had happened before. She couldn't hear what he was whispering to Hinami, but whatever it was it better not be threats. She still wasn't on good terms with him at all. Hinami didn't seem scared nor uncomfortable with him, which made Touka feel even more uncomfortable.

Kaneki soon noticed that this was going to affect both of them if she continued limping this badly. They wouldn't get to Anteiku in time, she would get worse if she walked with her foot. The same went with her arm. Smiling softly in mischief, he swooped her off her feet and carried her. Laughing softly as she gave a yelp of surprise. "Kaneki!" She yelled at him in irritation. "I asked to be helped not to be carried." She hissed and narrowed her dark blue eyes at him. "Sorry, but I didn't want you to make your foot worse." Kaneki told her, meeting her dark blue eyes as he smiled warmly down at her. His smile triggered something on her and she used her not wounded arm to cover his face wit his hand. Kaneki chuckled softly as she did so. "Stop." She said firmly, trying to catch sight of Ayato and Hinami again. Making sure that he didn't even think of-

"Hey you should stop worrying about those two." Kaneki told her. Touka then glared at him. "What? Are you serious?" Kaneki moved his gaze and smiled softly. "Your brother wouldn't even think of hurting Hinami. You don't know much between those two." He told her. "What happened?" Touka raised a brow. Kaneki shrugged slightly. "I don't really know. He just kind of...liked her I guess? From the start?" Touka's eyes darkened and she frowned. Meeting Kaneki's grey eyes once more as he opened his mouth to speak. "Well, it's kind of obvious isn't it? He cares about Hinami as much as you and I do." Touka snorted in disbelief. She couldn't believe any word Kaneki said, Ayato and Hinami didn't even know each other at first. He can't care about Hinami. He just can't. "But, if he does think of doing anything-" Kaneki's voice darkened, and Touka looked at him. He's doing it again. Expression dark, and eyes dull. Whenever something he cares about is in danger, he changes completely.

"I'll kill him." His eyes cleared and he smiled as if he didn't say anything threatening at all. "But don't worry. I know he won't hurt her at all." Touka raised a brow. Confused at his sudden mood change. "Anyway, lucky that we passed by just when you were attacked." Touka soon realized that she hadn't seen them before that ghoul attacked her. "Ayato chased after Hinami right away. I don't know what he did with the other two ghouls. If he spared them or killed them." Kaneki shrugged and met Touka's gaze. "I would've..." His gaze drifted from hers. "I would've been broken and lost if I hadn't reached you in time."

"I don't think I believe you." She told him lowly. Kaneki then raised a brow. "Why wouldn't you believe me? Do you think I'm lying?" His tone lowered slightly, making Touka slightly concerned that she made him angry. Her expression changing into slight fear. "N-No, that's not what I-" Kaneki then chuckled it off. "You should see your face." Kaneki smirked, Touka flushed red and looked away. "You piss me off at times." Touka looked back at him and narrowed her eyes.