A Remembrance

[edited: 10/6/18]
[format: DD/MM/YY]

"Why did we get stuck with this idiot?"

Kaneki kept his eyes on the crying Naki.

The man was shouting Yamori's name repeatedly and his screams were just filled with despair.

They were also quite annoying.

"Tch. Idiot," Ayato shook his head and looked at Kaneki. "Why did those two twins attack you out of nowhere?"

Kaneki remembered the two girls that had tried to attack him, both of them were one-eyed, just like him.

"I don't know," Kaneki replied with a dark tone.

As much as he wanted to know more about them, he had to pay attention to his job.

"Hmph. We've got to deal with this idiot now," Ayato growled but he snapped his head to look at Naki as the man interrupted him.

"Only boss can call me that!" Naki shrieked at Ayato.

"ONLY YAMORI CAN CALL ME THAT!"

Kaneki narrowed his eyes at his yelling, getting even more irritated.

"Holy shit, will you ever shut up? I get the idea you like your boss and all..." Ayato then placed his foot and pressed Naki's head against the floor.

Naki gave a yell of distress and snarled at Ayato.

Putting more pressure on Naki's head, Ayato clenched his fists and clicked his tongue. "But can you shut up for a second?" Ayato hissed.

"Never—" Naki growled out.

"Fine, I'm sure your corpse won't say a thing—" Ayato snarled but was cut off by Kaneki.

"Stop," Kaneki ordered him.

Ayato got his foot off Naki's head and faced Kaneki. Irritated at his orders.

"Even if he's annoying we have to keep that idiot alive," Kaneki pointed at Naki with his kagune.

Growling loudly, Naki started to get up. "Only Yamori-"

Ayato spun around and narrowed his ghoul eyes at Naki. The man was about to say another thing, but Ayato kicked him down to the ground.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" He yelled.

Kaneki rolled his eyes and looked at Naki.

The man struggled to get up, so Kaneki wrapped his kagune around the guy's hand and helped him up. A bit harshly.

"Hurry up," Kaneki ordered him bluntly.

Ayato turned to the others. "Make sure all of the doves are dead! Not one can be spared."

All the other ghouls nodded and started checking the trucks.

Kaneki ignored the few yells of doves whose lives were taken quickly.

"Yamori..." Naki sniffled.

"I swear if you don't shut up.." Ayato growled.

Kaneki was about to order Ayato to be quiet and just do his job, but he was interrupted by an echoing sound that came from somewhere.

Hearing someone or something knock down a garbage can, Kaneki looked to his right. Where the noise had come from.

"What is it now?" Ayato looked at Kaneki and raised a brow.

"Nothing—" Kaneki started to dismiss the sound, but his curiosity started to get the best of him. "I'm going to check something out. Go on ahead of me." Kaneki told Ayato.