A Forbid

"Kaneki. Kaneki wake up."

Kaneki's eyelids opened only slightly. Touka's head wasn't pressed against his back softly anymore, which he kind of missed. He was still exhausted, but not as much as before. He soon realized that, that was the only time he had slept ever since the encounter with the dove. He closed his eyes again and let out a sigh at the memory. "Kaneki-kun." Touka shook him slightly. "Wake up." Kaneki then let out a small groan. He was still exhausted. He wanted to sleep a bit more, to stay in the warmth of his bed and blanket. He hadn't felt this comfortable in ages, he hadn't felt this relaxed in ages either. The faint smell of coffee made him feel at home, at home with Touka and his friends.

"Kaneki, you have to wake up. Hinami says it's important." Touka told him again. Kaneki took in a deep breath, and raised himself up from the bed. The warmth of the blanket leaving him as it slid down when he sat up. Groaning, Kaneki scratched his head. Feeling his hair all over the place, tangled up and messy. "You look much better." Touka's smile was the first thing he saw as his eyes focused. "Except the fact that you look like a lion." She teased him. He blinked at her, and let out a small drowsy chuckle. "Oh well.." He muttered and opened his mouth to let out a loud yawn. Feeling slightly better after doing so, he looked at Touka. His vision was still slightly blurry due to the fact that he was still exhausted. "Hey, did you sleep well?" Touka asked him, cupping his cheek with her hand softly and smiling warmly at him. "I guess so.." Touka chuckled warmly as he replied. "Well, you did snore a lot last night." Kaneki stiffened slightly at the fact that he snored. "What? I snored?" Kaneki blinked at her in surprise. Touka snorted, she rolled her eyes. "You normally don't. But last night you were just snoring your lungs off. Must be because of the exhaustion. Hm?" She tilted her head to a side slightly.

"I guess so." Kaneki muttered out. "Sorry, if I didn't let you sleep.." Touka waved her hand as she chuckled. "Nah, you didn't. You only snored for a while." She told him. "A few minutes after, you stopped, which I was grateful for." Touka flashed him a teasing smirk. Kaneki rolled his eyes and smiled. He then met her dark blue gaze, and looked into her eyes. Everything around him faded as he looked into them. They always reminded him of the dark blue sky once the sun started to set. Making them as beautiful as ever. Which made him smile. They both stared at each others eyes for a few seconds. Both with smiles decorating their faces. Touka then blinked rapidly, and shook her head. Snapping out of his grey gaze. "Anyway, Hinami wants you downstairs." Touka said quickly. Letting go of Kaneki's cheek and started getting up. "What are you going to do now?" Kaneki asked softly, as she turned around to face him. "Oh..you know...study?" Touka chuckled. "Basically what I do with my weekends now." Kaneki blinked and then sighed. "Right, studying.." Kaneki remembered when he had to study as much as Touka was doing right now. He had always wanted to get into Kamii and was absolutely thrilled when he did. But for some reason, he enjoyed studying. Hide called him weird for that.

Hide.

"U-Uhm. Touka?" Touka stopped and turned around to face him again, she had her hand on the door handle as she was about to open it slowly. "Hm?" She blinked at him. "How-How is Hide going?" Touka's eyes flashed in slight shock as he asked that question, she cleared her throat and looked at Kaneki. "He..misses you. A lot." She gave him a faint, sad smile. "He also asked me..to...tell him whenever I see you." Touka added in right after. "I promised him that I will...if...I ever see you again." Kaneki felt hurt fill him. His best friend was worried sick about him, and what was he doing? Hiding from him. Kaneki took in a deep breath and told himself not to worry about it. "Also, you should really get going to Hinami. She doesn't like people making her wait." Kaneki got up from the bed, grabbing his mask and then walking over to Touka. Touka blinked at him as he faced her. "Are you going to tell him, if you see him?" He asked her. Touka's eyes moved to look down at the floor as she pursed her lips. "Do you want me to tell him?" She then looked up at him. "I.." Kaneki stopped to think about the situation for a second. "Tell him. But tell him, I won't be back for quite a long time." Touka's eyes flashed with sadness as he said those words, but then she nodded in understanding. "I'll tell him that then." She murmured. "Thank you." Kaneki smiled faintly.