Back To The Old Days

[edited: 29.01.18]

"Kaneki?!"

The boy who she just recognized was her best friend, which left Anteiku a few months ago. He was on the floor, probably bleeding to death.

Touka scrambled to him, she placed her hands on his back and shook him violently, but even if she did that Kaneki didn't move.

Touka,biting her lip in panic, thought about what to do. Before immediately getting the obvious thought.

"I have to take him back..." She tells herself hastily.

Touka attempted to scoop him up, but grunted at how heavy he was.

She tried her best to carry him.

Sadly it didn't work, he was too heavy for her to carry.

Thinking quickly, Touka panted and quickly grabbed him under the arms, having his torso up but his legs dragging the floor. This made it easier for her, but he was still damn heavy.

"Goodness, where have you been?!" She managed to gasp out as she continued to drag him.

Fortunately, she was near the cafeteria before Kaneki collapsed right in front of her.

Dragging him for several minutes which felt like hours for Touka, she eventually reached the door. Touka softly placed him on the ground, to not hurt him.

Touka then swiveled around and kicked the door open, once it was open, she called for who she least expected herself to call.

"NISHIKI!"

It took a few seconds, but eventually she saw him come into her view.

The tall ghoul groaned and scratched his head. His hazelnut hair messy and a irritated expression was clear on his face.

"What is it?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

Panting, Touka didn't know how else to put it so she just said it outright. "It's Kaneki..." She managed to breath out before going back outside and grabbing Kaneki under the arms again.

"Kaneki? You're shitting me.." Nishiki narrowed his eyes in disbelief and came outside to see whether she was telling the truth or not. He realized this quickly because his eyes widened to see that she was correct. "What the hell-"

Touka spun her head around and growled at him. "HELP ME GET HIM UP!"

Nishiki didn't hesitate for one second and picked up Kaneki easily from the floor. They rushed into the staff room and placed him on the couch.

"What the fuck happened to him? He looks all beat up." Nishiki asked as he examined Kaneki a bit longer.

Touka shook her head. "I have no idea, he just collapsed right in front of me." She said quickly. She then got closer to Kaneki, but Nishiki pushed her away.

Before she could retort, Nishiki turned to face her. "Get out and go find Yoshimura. Right now." He ordered and began getting rid of Kaneki's shirt to check how bad the wound was.

"But-" Touka argues.

"Go!" Nishiki screamed.

Touka nodded, although reluctantly and ran off. "Yoshimura!" She screamed out his name.

Her manager was sitting in his office discussing something with Kaya. The two adults turned to face the distraught girl.

"What's wrong Touka?" He asked.

Again, Touka just outright said it, what else could she do?

"Kaneki...Kaneki appeared."

Both Kaya and her manager widened their eyes. Yoshimura placed his cup on the table, it seemed like the man knew what exactly to do. He turned to face Kaya and calmly, but urgently said. "Kaya, get some aid for Kaneki. Bring some food as well."