Chapter 4

Walking with the group to the entrance of the Great Hall was worth the wait. I had stayed by Lily's side as soon as I realized the group of boys on the train were doing just fine on their own. Truthfully, I was quite jealous, but I was the one keeping myself from chatting with them. Maybe some other time, right now I had better priorities.

  Up ahead was Filch, he wasn't exactly a professor from what I take it, but he did look aged and had a limp in his walk. He wouldn't stop scowling at us and yelling for us to keep up. I have a feeling I won't fancy him during the years.

From beside me, I started to hear Lily hyperventilate lightly, " Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick." She confessed to me, holding a hand to her chest. My eyes widened,  and as a friendly act, I took hold of hand and squeezed it.

" Lily, you'll be fine." I laughed at her worried state. 

" I know, but what if I get put into a house I don't like-" I stopped her before she spilled her breakfast out. She was only worrying me more than she was herself. 

It was just a little bit more of a walk before we stopped in front of a set of double doors. There's no doubt that behind them was the Great Hall, holding the hundreds of Hogwarts students. As we stood there, from our left, clicking heels came down the small set of steps causing us to all turn our heads. A large smile appeared on my face as Professor McGonagall approached us with a stern look.

Sure, she wasn't going to favor me over others because I'm related to her, but It was nice to have someone near the school. Her eyes scanned the crowd before they landed on me. With out changing her stance, she started to speak." Greetings first years, and welcome to Hogwarts. " She started, " Behind these doors you will be sorted into one of four houses..." And from there she started to list them out.

I took a second to look around and as I did, I noticed everyone of us were in a worried state. As well as myself, I pointed out when my hands started getting sweaty and were shaking. I held them against my leg to cease it, and I straightened my self up. I have to get through this, one way or another.

Before I even realized it, McGonagall had finished her speech and was leading us inside the hall. I looked around in awe at the beautiful decor and the floating candles that lit the room. Not to mention the large ceiling above us that held an image of a starry night. Of course, with the knowledge given to me by my aunt, I knew that It was enchanted to portray the current skyline. 

Four large tables were laid side by side to each other across the room, each one holding at least seventy people. All of their eyes were on us, and It made me a little bit more self-conscious about my self than I already was. In front of us was a shorter table than the rest, holding all adults in fancy silk robes. The teachers, I thought automatically, and in the exact middle of the professors was an elderly man. 

Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster of the school. He is a well respected man in the Wizarding world, and Is known to be the strongest wizard alive today. He had a lovely smile on and his eyes were warm and inviting towards us. 

 Our small group had all piled up at the end of the hall, awaiting our next directions. I was pushed behind Lily as Snape took my place, and now I was left with no one I knew. Or at least had met before. I didn't mind at the time because I was so focused on the task at hand. Sitting on a stool a few feet away was an old worn out hat, slumped over a crease. It suddenly popped to life, making me jump, as it started to sing a song introducing itself as the Sorting Hat and explaining the traits of the four houses.

  When It stopped, Professor McGonagall walked out beside it and turned to face us."Now, as I call your name, please step forward and take a seat on the stool." she announced, unrolling a scroll of paper. Gulping, I watched as kid upon kid was called up to the stool and the Sorting hat was placed on top of their heads. After a minute or two of silence, the hat would loudly call out one of the houses, causing that said table to go wild.

The first person I knew , that had gone, was Sirius Black. His wishes to not be in Slytherin were answered as he was placed into the Gryffindor house, but it must have come as a shock to most students for a reason I didn't know.

Next was James, who as well was placed in Gryffindor.

Lily was in Gryffindor, as well as Remus, and even Peter.

I was nervous to the core as I watched all of them celebrate, or at least the boys did together. I was sure I wouldn't get the house, but it just had to be the one house each one of my friends were in. That's what we were, right? Friends? We hardly knew each other and I bet that after this, our small moment of knowing each other would be over.

I was caught off guard as my name was called," Robinson, Thisbe." Swallowing my worry away, I made the small walk to the stool and sat down, after receiving a friendly smile from McGonagall. I felt the cloth of the Sorting Hat on my head and I closed my eyes.

" Well, what do we have here." A voice murmured in my head, causing me to clench my hands around the base of the stool. I'm guessing that's why it was always silent when choosing. It was talking in our head. " I see, are you perhaps related to our very own Professor McGonagall, Miss. Robinson?" The hat had asked.

Opening my eyes, I gave a small glance to my aunt and then back to the tables." Yes, she's my aunt. How do you know that?" I tried talking back to him in my mind. 

" I can see inside your head my child, an interesting one as it seems." It responded back to me. " I could highly see you following in the footsteps of your own aunt in Gryffindor, there's much hidden bravery to be revealed." 

Surely that wasn't right. 

" And how might that be?" He asked, as I kept on forgetting he could read my thoughts. 

" I'm not the most bravest person here, at all really. I have more of a gentle personality " 

" Do not doubt yourself Thisbe, before you know it you will be given a life changing experience." He corrected me with a stern voice. " But, you are correct as well. You are an extremely loyal and kind person, two good characteristics to have, but you also hold much intelligence. This will help you in the future, but for the present, I must say you will make a wonderful HUFFLEPUFF!"He screamed out to the Great Hall, and the table on the far left to me bursts into yells. 

Smiling, I gently raised the hat off and handed it back to McGongall . As I started to walk to my table to be greeted by my new house, I caught the eyes of the four boys from the train. They all showed some sort of disappointment, but my thoughts were redirected as I was pulled towards my houses table.

Being sat down in the newly made room, a large bright smile graced my lips as I was welcomed many times.

 From across from me, a girl with long brown hair, who I remember had just gotten sorted into Hufflepuff as well, shook my hand as a greeting. " My names Victoria Grace."

" I'm Thisbe Robinson."

She smiled at me, and we both started to pay attention to the ceremony again, and I see Severus Snape had been called up. It was quickly decided by the hat that he was to be placed into Slytherin, and he was soon greeted by the table at the other end of the room.

After all first years were sorted, Dumbledore stood up and walked up to his podium. Clearing his throat, he started off explaining a few simple rules. Don't go into the Forbidden Forest, do not be wandering the halls past curfew, and finally he finished by wishing us a good year. Suddenly, in front of me, the whole table had filled up with different assortments of food. I almost drooled over the sight, and started to dig in right away.

This was going to be the best year of my life.