Chapter 17

I was eating with Lily for dinner that night, seeing as my dorm mates were no where to be found. To my dismay, word got around that I was the winged Hufflepuff and I haven't been able to avoid all of the snickers and puns sent my way. So when I finally sat down with the green eyed red head, she started asking a million questions a minute.

" What happened? Did it hurt? Who did it to you?" She plummeted me with out a breath.

" Lily-"

" It was those tossers wasn't it? I swear-"

She , herself, was was cut off when a body sat themselves beside her. I groaned loudly when I saw who it was, and surprise surprise , guess who the other three people who joined us were. " Wow, I feel quite offended that you think it was us Lily flower." James Potter said, with an innocent voice.

" Quite so, I don't think we had anything to do with it." Sirius backed him up, taking a slice of bread off my plate making me hit his hand.

Lily's head shot towards me to see if it right and I sighed, looking down awkwardly. " No, it wasn't them," I murmured, shuffling food around.

" See, proven innocent. " Peter spoke up, leaning over the table. I huffed, still quite angry at them. If they hadn't pulled my robes away, then I wouldn't be the main point of gossip around the school. I swear, I can't turn a corner with out some fifth year cracking a wing joke at me.

From beside me, Remus wasn't even focused. He was shuffling through his bag and after a few seconds, he pulled out set of robes with a bright yellow rims. I gasped happily as he gave them to me, " I couldn't catch you in the hall, sorry about snatching it by the way." He apologized on the behalf of his mates. I sighed and nodded, knowing that that's the most I'm getting out of any of them. At least Remus had the decency to do so.

I shoved the neatly folded clothes into my bag and went back to finishing my food before dinner was over. I was happy to have them back because I only had this pair and another left. It took a while, but with the constant yelling from Lily to get them to leave, they still didn't. Lily actually dragged me out of there whilst I complained about not being able to eat enough. Hey, I didn't have lunch remember?

She finally let me rush back and steal the apple off my plate, making The Marauders laugh at me before I sprinted out the door. Don't judge, when I'm hungry I scavenge.

Nothing much happened for a month or two after that, all the fifth years were studying for their O.W.L.s and the sevenths were stressing over N.E.W.T.s. We only had exams to worry about, and knowing me, I'm practically having panic attacks. With the excessive training I haven't had much time to practice spells and I've been scraping away at my homework to get it done. But, in the end it was worth it for the reward.

~~~~~

I yawned loudly, wanting to fall asleep under my warm blanket but someone won't let me. " Please Aunt Minerva, can I go back to my dorm." I whined to the aged woman before me who held a determined face.

" No, Thisbe I think this might finally be it. You're so close to having a complete transformation." She told me with a pleading voice, looking me in the eyes with the biggest puppy dog look. I groaned loudly for my response but agreed to anyway. My watch was telling me that it was already one in the morning on a Friday, but how my aunt was not bothered by this was beyond me.

" Fine, I'll try a little bit more." I sighed, closing my eyes and relaxing. I had made a lot of progress after the incident with the wings, and we were getting down to the wire. I developed large talons and even some new senses. Like, my hearing increased so much one night, I could hear the heart beats from across the castle. It was scary.