Chapter 12

Picture of Jolie Simmons

"Please Aunt Minerva, I want to head home with you!" I whined, practically on my knees begging.

" Thisbe, I know how much you like spending the summers with me, but don't you think your father might want to see you?" McGonagall sighed, walking around her small kitchen in her abode, setting a pot on the stove to boil. " Besides, I think you've had plenty of time to visit with me." She added with a tone.

I groaned loudly, falling back onto the large rocking chair in front of the blazing fire. " I know, but I love hanging out around your cottage. Everything there is-"

" Magic. Yes, Thisbe, I understand that you don't want to be isolated from magic for a few months, but there are some things you must get over." McGonagall sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

I knew she was right, but I didn't want to agree. If I were to go back to my house, everything would be different. Not just because of the whole lack of magic, but the deal that my father doesn't really enjoy talking about it. Mum was killed by it, and he thought that it was truly dangerous at times. He would always be devastated when my aunt would take me away to learn about the whole wizarding world, always thinking that I wouldn't come back. He always thinks I have to be under his watch 24/7 and I don't blame him, but it can get quite restraining at times.

I let out a long breath and gave up. I was being a bit selfish wasn't I, I haven't seen dad since Christmas and he looked so lonely then. I can't imagine him be himself in the house for so long without company. " Fine." I got out, closing my eyes and leaning back in the chair.

" Excellent. Now, don't think I won't just visit. I also have to pick you up to get your supplies for second year." She went on, pulling out a few biscuits for us. I grinned and folded my hands across my stomach. The joy of being able to see Aunt McGonagall brought much excitement towards me. She's my only other family member and I know she has a sweet spot for me. Even if she seems like a very strict woman when teaching. " And now that I mention it. I do believe that you got good marks on your exams. Although, I do think you could have studied a bit more for your History of Magic one." She scolded.

I had to roll my eyes sightly on that. I knew I did good in all of them, but sure, I had just went off a bit on History of Magic. " Sorry." I mumbled, wanting her to carry one. I had a feeling of where this was going, and it had caught my full attention.

" So," She paused, taking a seat next to me with a stern face," I must hold up my side of my deal, like promised." She said. I gasped loudly and jumped up, running to her and giving her a huge hug. She was startled to say the least, but after a few seconds patted my back slightly. " Yes, yes, please Thisbe I would like for you not to break my back." She murmured as I was squeezing her tightly.

I quickly let go but the smile on my face never faded. " Are you sure your not pulling at my toes? You're really going to teach me?" I squealed, pretty much jumping up and down. She placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down, telling me to take a seat again.

" Yes, but before we start I must remind you that this is a very difficult thing Thisbe. For a first year, it might be a challenging task, not to forget you must keep up your grades." She reminded me with a thick voice. I nodded, calming down and taking a much serious stance.

" I still don't understand. Why would you let me learn this then. How is the Ministry even giving you the permission to." She cut me off.

" Don't worry about the Ministry, I have that handled. Just," She stopped to sigh and place her biscuit back on the plate. " Thisbe, when both your mother and I were young, we were given this opportunity as well. Your grandmother had high hopes in us just as I do with you, and I plan to keep this tradition going. " She got out.