Chapter 26

"Thisbe," My aunt sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose as she leans on her desk," why?"

"I have no idea of what you're talking about." I say, my voice dripping in sarcasm.

She gave me a glare, but instead of telling me off she reached behind her and grabbed a scroll off her desk. " The boys have now come to me with a surprising eight complaints of random hexes and pranks put upon them." She started off pretty calmly, " In the past two days." She deadpanned.

" Seems pretty bad, I hope you find out who did it." I went on with the most fake concern in my voice.

"Thisbe!" She yelled. " I know it was you, it's not that hard to figure out. I just can't understand why. What did they do to you?" She outburst.

She sat back down at her desk, trying to rub the headache away that this situation was creating. I groaned, leaning my head back on the chair," You know what they did! Can you not see the twenty pounds of hair on my head?" I exclaimed.

"No they didn't. We already made them-"

"Not that, I mean- I know they didn't actually preform the spell themselves, but they hired another Hufflepuff do this to me." I sighed, slumping in her chair. I went to push my color blind glasses further up on my nose, out of habit, only to realize that I had forgotten them this morning rushing out the dorm. No wonder the world felt so dull today.

McGonagall gave me an odd look, running a hand through her hair. Surprisingly it wasn't in a tight bun today, but that might just be because it's Saturday and we don't have any classes. " You mean to tell me they actually got a Hufflepuff to betray you?" I slowly nodded, giving her the time to process this too.  To think, some person in the most loyal house turned out to be a rat to their own kind. Guess the stereotypes of houses aren't always right. " So who was it?"

"I don't know, that's what I've been trying to find out. They're just making me even more mad by blackmailing me for a date. All because I rejected Black like three years ago whenever we first met."

"Good, you're not old enough to date."

"Auntie!"

"Still, I should not be receiving notices from other teachers that the four boys are being constantly humiliated." She went back to her serious mode, sitting up in her chair. " You've turned them into rats, shaved them bald, gave them huge noses, where does it stop Thisbe?" She gave up, slumping in defeat.

I was stubborn, I must admit, but everyone in the school knew they deserved this. Almost half the school has been hit by one of them, not to mention the amounts of joy of seeing them take their own medicine. Lily has continually praised me, figuring out that It was I who was doing it. Well, plenty of people know it's me. Like my aunt said, it wasn't hard to figure out after my little outburst. I have also succeeded in making the school even more frightened to get on my bad side.

Yeah, constant hell doesn't sound so pleasing now, does it. I at least warned them.

"I want them to take me seriously. They think that I'm just a Hufflepuff, a brainless push over. That- that , I would just sit down and take an attack without hitting back. Until they tell me who gave me this-" I gestured to my long pale blue hair, that students have now made a game of sticking flowers in it, " I'm not quitting."

She looked at me for a long time in the eyes, trying to read me, but all it shown was my determination. With a heavy breath, she started to go back to grading her papers, completely done with me. " You know," She started quietly," You remind me a lot of your mother." She didn't even look up as she checked off answers. I sunk quietly, wanting to know more. "Never gave up to a challenge, always needed revenge. It scared me sometimes because I always feared she would get In trouble. We were the smart students, and our mentor expected a lot of us."

I was silent for a minute, until I spoke up," Did she ever get in trouble?"

"No, "She laughed under her breath. "She knew how to cover her tracks. No one could figure out it was her." She sighed happily. " I'm sure you would be the same, no one can trace your spells. You're even hitting the boys in classes you don't have with them, half way across the school."

"But?"

"But I know that it was you because I know you could do it. You would find out ways to get them on separate sides of schools. You could be sleeping and still manage to do so," She chuckled," you get it from your mum." I couldn't help the small smile spreading across my face at the small fact that I acted like my mother. It made me feel a little more complete.

The room was silent for a while, the only sound was McGonagall's quill scratching the scrolls. I was starting to wonder what my punishment was. I should be having plenty of detentions by now, she knows I've been inflicting terror of pranks into The Marauder's lifes. "Sooo..." I went on cautiously," When's my detention? Eight tonight?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She told me in such an innocent voice.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and gave her a look," I repeatedly broke school rules, I should be dying from exhaustion from the amount of detentions I would have."

"Well, seeing as no teacher could positively track the student who has been performing such actions. I have no right to hold you here or punish you. " She said coolly, a small smirk lifting up her lips.

She was seriously letting me go? What the bloody hell happened to my strict McGonagall, it's sort of scary. But here we are, with her letting me off the hook. Don't complain Thisbe, just go with it.

So with a large smile, I laughed and thanked her before taking my bag and sprinting out of the room.

Coolest aunt ever.