Chapter 15

Ever since the accident that happened at lunch, Lily has been strangely closer to me. Well not strange, it's just different than normal. We sit next to each other in classes now, we talk more often, we even go to the library together to study. It's quite nice having a new friend, and to even add to that, she gives me a challenge on my grades. We've been competing for the best scores in our classes, and it differs in each one. I'm better at potions than her and in Transfiguration. Then she excels at DADA , Magical Theory, and even Herbology.

Yeah, the whole thing with Hufflepuff being the best with plants isn't always the truth.

But, with new good things, there always comes something bad. Or in my case , four bad things. All chances I had in the past to avoid The Marauders have now all vanished. When I thought I was bothered by them too much, I had never even imagined how painful this new experience was. The time spent in the library? Every ten minutes stupid James Potter would pop up behind the bookshelf and ask Lily on a date.

My hatred for them has some how even more developed over the year. There's always the ignorant git, Potter, the school player, Black, the tag along, Pettigrew, and the 'innocent' , Lupin. Sure, if I were to choose any of them to actually be civil with, it would be Remus, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Besides, the real problem is Sirius Black being able to capture ever girls heart in the school. I'm not being fooled by the idiot, and it's quite funny how I was the first one to be asked out by him at Hogwarts and still rejected his sorry arse.

Not to mention, I've heard that James and Sirius actually joined the Quidditch team if that wasn't enough. The two big popular boys are now the athletics? Doesn't surprise me.

For the rest of the year, I continued to work on my Animagus training and it's turning out harder than I imagined. A lot of mishaps have occurred when I'm trying to transform, and their getting quite ridiculous. One night, when I was trying to shift, I could only get a small bit of the animal and it actually was pretty informative of what my Animagus was.

When practicing, my arms had a weird tingle sent through them and out of no where, large brown feathered wings replaced my pale limbs. I had admit, I let out a loud shriek that night when it happened and totally freaked out.  McGonagall was fascinated to say the least as she circled around me with a large grin on her face.

" You're going to be a bird! Splendid news!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I just sort of stood there awkwardly, shifting my wings around. She suddenly gasped loudly, still very much exited," That means you can fly Thisbe, oh I've always imagined being able to soar through the clouds without a broom stick." She mused, pulling away and looking off into the distance dreamily. This was very unlike her and I was starting to worry about her health.

" Uh, is there anyway to reverse this for now." I sheepishly asked, breaking her moment. I waved my wings around and pulled them in front of my face. It felt very weird not to have hands and I had a large feeling wanting to hold something now.

I heard Minerva clear her throat and collect herself again. " Right, again I'm afraid there's nothing I can do Thisbe. It's not a fixable hex or trick, it's ... a body transformation." She sighed, walking back to her desk. " We can try getting you to focus on getting back, but I don't think you'll be able to do it tonight. It has to go away on its own for now. "

" How long does that take?" I sort of yelled, pretty shocked.

" I don't know. Maybe a day or two?"