Chapter 28

I'm pretty sure you can figure out who the picture is, but just in case not, It's Thisbe Robinson with her normal hair back. Thank you for reading and I love receiving comments from you guys. It motivates me to write even more.

Sitting in the library was a very calming thing. The environment was nice, everywhere was either silence, a page flip or two, and sometimes even the small whispers from other students. It was a place I could enjoy, knowing that I wouldn't find my friends. Not that they're bad or anything, it's just to tiring have to do so much talking and social work.

So as I sat back in the large comfy chair, with my legs folded over the arm of it, I was indulging into the new hard book my dad had sent me. It was a tale of woman, who's husband returned from war broken and scared. She was told by a wise elder to do insane tasks and grab items, like a tooth from the tiger in the mountains. In the end, the old lady confesses that the items will not help her spouse, but if she had the courage to do such wild things, she has the courage to face her husband.

It was sweet and I was glad that my dad had sent me it. I was actually surprised that he figured out how to properly send it with an owl. I'll give him props on that. I had a weird love for muggle books that I wouldn't ever have for the normal wizard ones. I guess because it was what I grew up with them as a child, since it was the only thing my dad could provide. My mother had left behind two or three of them, but it was aunt McGonagall who had all of the wizarding books. Her cottage is littered with them, bookshelves upon bookshelves of countless books. So the majority of growing up was sitting on couches, reading books while my music record played soft tunes in the back.

I was only on the last few pages, seeing if the woman could break through to her husband again, before a sudden voice cut through the air. " I didn't know you liked to read muggle books?" I jumped slightly, twisting my head back to see Remus Lupin in the chair beside me.   He had tousled hair and still looked a bit sick, but didn't he always?

I gave a quick glance to the book in my lap and then back to him before giving him a small smile. "Yeah, I read them a lot."

"Just wondering, are you muggleborn?" He asked, saving his page on his book and setting it in his lap.

"No, I'm actually Half-Blood. Unfortunately my mother died when I was young and I was raised by my muggle dad." I explained, not really fazed. He looked guilty and embarrassed for a moment, trying to stutter out an apology, but I stopped him," Don't worry, I got over her death a long time ago.  "

He nodded, sitting back in his chair and relaxing. We were silent for a while, letting him recover from his awkward moment. I went back to reading my book, hoping to finish it before dinner. "So, I came here to apologize about last week, down by the lake." I paused again, taking a look back at him. 

I had completely forgotten about that, and now that I look back, I don't know why. Maybe because I haven't seen him in a whole week after that, something about him still brooding over the death of his grandma. "Oh well, I guess things just got out of hand. When you were recovering, the boys and I resolved our issues. If you couldn't tell," I grinned at him, running a hand through my messy blonde hair. It was nice to have it back to it's normal short length, and I don't think I want to change it any time soon.

"Recovering from what?" He asked hesitantly.

I raised an eye brow at him curiously, " Well the guys said that your grandma had just recently passed away from cancer right after your girlfriend dumped you. I didn't really believe it until I saw you were gone for a few days. The others said you were cooped up in their dorm, so Its good that you're feeling better. Sorry about your loss though." I explained to him messing around with the hem of my yellow sweater. Now that I think of it, I didn't grab my glasses on my way out, and was now starting to notice the absence of the rich colors. I guess I'll have to run back before diner, unless if I feel too lazy.

It took Remus a few seconds to take in all the lies his friends had told about him. They were simple ones that they have used before, but he was sort of mad that he had to be the one 'dumped' on. Just because it was a fib, didn't mean it didn't hurt whatever confidence he had left. "Oh, yeah, it's just been tough on me and everything. I worked everything out with Sirius, if that makes it better." He told me. 

Really he didn't know why he had gotten so mad. Maybe it was because he was tired of him being an asshole. Maybe it was just because he was harassing Thisbe. The other Marauders couldn't stop teasing him about protecting his girlfriend, whatever that's supposed to mean. It was something quick to shove off seeing as they tried setting him up with lots of girls. 

"Yeah, that's great. I'm sorry about that though, I didn't want to be the cause of good friendship breaking." I sighed, sitting back up and placing my book into my bag. "Anyways, I was thinking on heading to dinner. Want to join me?" What was that Thisbe? Did I just offer a Marauder to come and eat dinner with me? What am I thinking? Just because we called off the pranks didn't mean that these guys were pure trouble makers. Bullies? Yes, but Remus could be an exception. Still, what is this?

Before I could change my mind though, Remus smiled and replied with a steady," Sure, I would love to," Just as if I hadn't made his last week living hell. I guess I have to go with it now. It shouldn't be that bad, I mean it's just Remus. So with small chatter, we packed up our bags and slung them over our shoulders, making our way out of the library. I couldn't help but have a small smile on my face.

"You know,"He started, looking towards me, " I kind of like it with the short hair more. It's quite nice."

~~~~~

"Have any of you guys seen Remus?" Peter asked as Sirius sat down at the Gryffindor table to enjoy his dinner. 

"He said something about being at the library." James muttered, shoving his cut up pieces of steak into his mouth. 

It was only a few seconds later before a snicker could be heard from across the two, and they looked up. Sirius Black, the one snickering, had to hold back a laugh as he looked behind the boys. "Don't look long, but I think Lupin's finally got enough courage to sit with his girlfriend." And at that, all of their heads turned around and quickly spotted the scarred boy sitting at the Hufflepuff table, surrounded by four other girls. One of them including a blonde haired Thisbe. 

They all laughed together, planing all the ways to tease him about it that night.