Chapter 32

The next day was much more relaxing as I got back into the normal groove. I don't think I longed for such a good sleep so much in my short life. I'm going to have to see my aunt about the sleeping problem again, I'm sure of it.

Anyways, I was on my way to my Defense Against the Dark Arts class on the other side of the school. The walk was long, but I needed it to wake me up more. A little exercise never hurt anyone. I don't think.

Sucking on one of my peppermints, I skipped around all the people in the halls, passing all of the socials, the smarts, and even the couples making out off to the sides. It was quite disturbing to watch people eat each others face off. Holding my books as tight to my chest, I weaved my way through the mass of students. It wasn't but ten seconds until someone shouted my name from behind me.

"Thisbe! This- oh, oh sorry." As I look back, I see Remus Lupin stumbling through the crowd and fall into two Ravenclaws. I couldn't help but laugh at him as he was pushed out behind me, trying to catch his balance." Bloody hell, I've been trying to catch up to you for three halls. How do you walk so fast." He panted, trying to collect himself.

I shrugged plainly, "I'm just a fast walker guess. Or maybe you're just slow." I teased.

"No, no. I'm not slow." He huffed, straightening up and walking beside me. " You're just abnormally fast."

"I have long legs, Lupin." I grinned, still very happy how I've been growing taller. " Well then, now that you've got my attention , what do you need?" I asked, continuing to walk down the hall at a much slower pace.

He brushed himself off and fell in step with me, heading to the same class as I was. "Well I just wanted to tell you that I'm your Potions partner on the project. You were gone for a few days because your dad was sick and I wanted to make sure you wouldn't fall behind." He went on, fixing his bag that slipped off when he fell.

See, he was just concerning over me like a good friend. Not a crush , right? That's sweet. I'm guessing that the girls lied to him and said my dad was sick for an excuse. Not bad I guess, but I wonder how many times they've actually used it.

"Oh, yeah my friends mentioned it to me just last night. What is it on?" I said briefly, running a hand through my hair.

"Oh right, it's over how to create a Wiggenweld Potion. You know, the one that can wake someone up from a magical coma. " He went on.

"So it cures Draught of the living death?" I asked.

He grinned at me," I see you've been doing your research. No wonder why you've almost beaten Lily for top of the class."

I shrugged lazily, " I couldn't care much for that, if anything she deserves it more. I'm more of a Transfigurations person." I said slyly. Ever since I've been going on delivery trips, my grades have slightly fallen but it's less of a worry now that I've already reached my goal. I mean sure, I'm not going to just slack off but do you even realize how hard it is to write three essays after a two day trip.

"Transfigurations? I would of thought you liked something else. Maybe something like Herbology and such since you're a Hufflepuff ."He told me honestly, shoving his hands in the pockets of his robes.

"Really? I find Transfigurations so interesting. Transforming objects into something completely different, being a whole other organism. Metamorphous's, Animagus's, and tea cups into little birds. Not to mention, McGonagall is my favorite teacher." I went on and on about my love for the subject, slightly hinting my aunt and my condition.

He gave out a small laugh and shook his head. "McGonagall? Man, you're just filled with surprises today. We have her for our head of house and we get scolded by her every day. With the amount of times I've seen her office I might as well be living there."