Chapter 29

Standing outside of the large wooden door to Dumbledore's office, I rocked back and forth on my heels until I heard the wizard call me in. Pushing open the door, I had a wide smile on for the headmaster which he returned back. " Ah Thisbe, I see you've come to join us. Just sit down for a moment as I talk to Mr.Snape."

It was then that I first noticed the other third year Slytherin sitting in front of his desk. I know him, Severus Snape, best friend of Lily Evans. She's a good acquaintance of mine, but we don't talk as often. Potter saw him a threat, waiting to steal Lily, but it was all very stupid with this whole love triangle thing.

So obeying the headmaster, I sat down in the other blue chair and folded my hands over my lap." -and Mr.Snape, I'm sure that I can find a way to help your situation. You can come back tomorrow afternoon and we'll talk about it." Dumbledore finished up his conversation, and with a nod, Snape stood up and stalked out of the room. But not before making brief eye contact with me, sending a chill down my spine. When the wooden door closed behind him, I turned back in my seat to face the old wise man. " So, as you might have guessed, I have another delivery for you to do. This one might be a little more difficult, it will acquire you to fly all the way to America."

"To America?" I gasped," But sir, that's a long ways away. ". That trip would take forever, I would be so behind in school work, and others would question where I've been.

" I'm aware Miss.Robinson. Which it would be absolutely fine if you do not want to do this. I can always have Hagrid fill in." He explained in a understanding voice, leaning forwards on his desk.

I stuttered over my words, expressing my opinion," W-well sir I would love to do it, but I'm just concerned that I might miss a lot of work. It has to at least be a four or five day trip by flying." I told him. He hummed and slowly nodded his head.

"Thisbe, I have honestly been impressed by the way you still maintain a high scholar average with your travels. And it shows that I chose wisely," He went on, giving me a smile."But it does not hurt to not be perfect. Give yourself a break every once in a while." I gave him nod, but not really understanding. Why would he tell me not to exceed my best? Was I working to hard ? Did it show that obvious?

I was about to question him on it, but as I went to spoke a loud yawn escaped my mouth. Covering it in embarrassment, I sheepishly looked up at the headmaster," Sorry sir.".

"Haven't been sleeping well Miss.Robinson?"

"It's my sleeping condition." I informed him.

"Yes, I heard, but don't you have the blanket Professor McGonagall made for you?" He questioned, shuffling through a few of his papers.

I swallowed a lump in my throat when he said that. I'm not surprised he knew about the blanket, it could of just been something my aunt told him about. The real problem was is that I didn't know where the actual blanket was. I was getting ready for bed a few nights ago and I couldn't find the damn thing. I tore the whole room up looking for it, and that whole night I couldn't even get a wink of sleep.

That was Tuesday, it's now Friday. I haven't had a good sleep in three days, and I've been passing out  at the dinner table and in the middle of class. If Dumbledore heard of this surely he wouldn't let me fly to America, and I don't want to miss out on that opportunity. It's America for crying out loud!

"Uh, yes sure I do have it. I just misplaced it last night , but I'm sure it will appear again. Don't you worry." I told him in the most reassuring voice I could muster up. He raised an eyebrow at me and for a second I panicked, but soon enough he nodded and fixed his glasses.

"Very well. You'll set off the Astronomy tower tonight at twelve thirty sharp. McGonagall will pick you up and escort you at midnight. I'm sure she's going to have a fit over preparing you for a long trip." He concluded, excusing me. I gave him a small smile and made my way towards the door, smoothing out my black skirt.

"Thank you sir."

"Oh- and Thisbe." He stopped me right before I reached the large door. I looked back to the old bearded man , waiting. Before I knew it, he tossed me two galleons and I caught them in the air. "Can you buy me some of the chocolate frogs when you're in America? I heard there are some limited edition ones only sold in the states. If it's no trouble of course."

I chuckled and flipped the coins in my hand, giving him a grin. "Of course sir. Have a nice weekend."

And with that I left the room full of weird artifact and toys. For how old the man was, he sure did have the personality of a child at times. Shoving the two galleons in my robes, I laughed bouncing down the stairs, making my hair fall everywhere. I ran all the way back to the Hufflepuff common room to get ready for tonight.

Unfortunately, I didn't see two lurking eyes of a long black haired Slytherin, watching and listening around the corner.

~~~~~

3rd POV

 "She's hiding something Lily, can't you see?" Snape hissed to his red headed friend as they walked down the bustling hall full of students

Lily was fed up with it, and finally pulled him to the side of the hall. "Stop it , please. Why are you so set on trying to uncover Thisbe. She's my friend ok!" She yelled at him in a whisper.

"But she's lying to your face. I heard her with Dumbledore-"

"Yes, I know, you overheard her with Dumbledore about flying to America. Yes, I am very curious Severus. Sure, I want to know what's so special about her, but she's my friend and she will tell me when she wants to." She scolded him, her tone softening more and more as she got more upset at him.

He looked down with clenched teeth, swallowing his pride. She patted him on the shoulder, before turning to walk towards her next Potions class with Slughorn. She was stopped quickly though by a hand holding her upper arm, restraining her. "She's leaving tonight at 12:30 off the Astronomy tower. "And with that, his chilling voice left her ear and walked the other way.

She couldn't help but look back at the retreating Slytherin, pushing his way against the crowd. She knew why he had added that, because he knew that she was curious. He always knew about what she thought no matter how much she didn't want him to. But one thing was certain.

She was going to be on the Astronomy tower at midnight.