Chapter 16

When I woke up the next day, I was very disappointed to see that I was in fact half bird. I laid in bed for half the morning, and just rolled around the floor for an hour or so. I did try reading a book, but the constant need to turn the page was quite annoying. It involved me trying to flip them with my teeth or sometimes even my toes, but I would always skip a whole page or three.

So giving up on that, I tried to study my wings. At one moment, I thought of the possibility of current flight , so I jumped of my bed trying to flap my wings, but to my avail I face planted into the wooden floor. I learned that I should never do that again. So instead, I tried to identify the type of bird I was, because it would really suck if I turned out to be a chicken. So I constantly stretched out my wings, moving them around and flapping them. They were large to say the least, but I think that might just be so it fits my human size. I could clearly see that they weren't just all dark brown now. The inside was a much lighter, almost a gold color, with the exception of a few dark feathers scattered around. But it was just a constant pattern of lights and darks with a few specks of white. They were pretty elegant to say the least.

The rest of the few lonely hours were boring, and I was really hoping that the others would get dismissed from classes. Sighing, I sat down on the floor, closing my eyes. McGonagall said one of the only ways to get rid of the wings is to purposely change them back. She just believes I can't because I could barely even get them in the first place. I want to prove her wrong, and plus, there's nothing else I can do.

So, as I was humming a small tune in my head to calm my self down, I focused hard on what my normal arms looked like. They were thin, and very pale because I always lacked the needed sunlight. I had two narrow hands that were soft and fragile. My fingernails were always bitten down because I worried over the smallest of things, and I had a few paper cuts on my thumb. Oh, and that larger scar on my left arm when Esther accidentally landed on it when I had no protection. I learned that Owl claws are very sharp that night.

I thought it down to the very detail, even the small part of the inner elbow that sometimes weirded me out when it bends. It took a whole ten minutes of just looking like an idiot meditating, before I felt a large tingle run through my wings. Shivering, I opened my eyes and gasped. My arms came back! They really did! Jumping up from my spot, I danced around my room as I waved them everywhere. Pulling them to my chest I whispered," I miss you two," Practically crying like a psycho. Hey, cut me some slack, I just had wings for arms.

Sudden realization came over me when I remembered I could actually go to class now. Unlike a lot of kids that would just take the rest of the day off, I instead rushed to my bed and picked up the scattered books and shoved them in my bag. I took only a minute to fix my hair and grab my glasses before I hopped out the door and the Common room. I sprinted the whole way to my Transfiguration room, accidentally running into Peeves who cussed me out. He's quite the cranky ghost.

The break after lunch had just ended if I'm correct, so it's third block now. I had only missed out on Herbology and Magic Theory. So, as I finally made it to the class room, I had to stop and catch my breath for a moment before opening the door. Everyone in the room turned to me, and I still had a peach colored face from running the whole way here. My aunt eyed me slightly before addressing me," Miss. Robinson, I see you're feeling better," She indicated. I nodded silently, running a hand through my hair. " That good, take a seat please." She motioned towards the only empty seat left in the room. I inwardly cussed as I noticed who was there, of course Remus Lupin.

I swear, he's does this on purpose.

With out a complaint, I set my satchel next to the chair and sat down after pulling out my scroll, book, ink, and peacock quill. " Ok, everyone copy page 458, on how to transform a pair of rabbits into slippers . Don't forget to write down the counter curse." She briskly said and everyone around about moved together to flip to the page and the sound of quills scratching the paper filled the air.