Chapter 18 - Kittens and Mikasa?

(Eren's POV)

After we had finished washing the kittens up we took them back to the kitchen where there was food and water set up for them. Once the kittens had had their fill they began wandering around, finally deciding to explore their new territory.

"They're so cute!" Isabel exclaimed, petting one of the kittens as it walked up to her. "What are you going to name them, Eren?" She asked me as I sat down on the floor next to her.

"I don't really know. I haven't really thought about it much." I scratch the side of my face in thought. I had been too busy to think up names.

"Oh! Can we name them Sawney and Bean!? Please Eren!" Hanji asked excitedly, getting in my face.

"I don't see why not." I shrug, smiling at her excitement, but leaning back a little bit.

"Yes!" She throws her fist in the air. "That one can be Sawney!" She points to the one in Isabel's hands with orange fur and white socks. "And that one can be Bean!" She points to the other kitten with orange fur also but with a white tipped tail and no socks that is currently trying to climb up Levi's leg.

"Oi, get off me!" Levi says as he tries to pull the cat's claws off his pant leg. I snort at his troubles and he shoots me a glare before turning back to the kitten still attached to his leg; finally getting it off of him and sitting it gently on the floor. Once Levi had made sure that the kitten wasn't going to climb up his leg again he reached into his pocket and pulled something out as he stood and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"What is that?" I asked him, nodding towards the thing in his hands.

"Oh, just something I bought at the store." He shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at him suspiciously. A red dot appeared on the floor and the kittens noticed it right away. They stalked curiously over to it. Bean tried to pounce on the light as it moved quickly to the other side of the room, near me. The two ran over to it and pounced together and suddenly the dot was on me and the kittens followed, basically attacking me.

"Argh!" I yelled, falling down in surprise as the kittens' claws dug into me as they climbed, trying to get to the red dot that wouldn't seem to leave my person. I hear a snort from across the room and I look over to see Levi smirking with a small laser toy in his hand pointed at me.

"You know, I think I could get used to having cats around." Levi said, a smirk playing at his lips. I was about to give back a sassy remark when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. The kittens had gotten off of me to see where the light had gone since Levi had turned it off. I sat up and pulled it out of my pocket, looking to see that, of course, it was Mikasa. I mouthed "Mikasa" to Levi as he gave me a questioning look before nodding at my answer.

"Hello?" I answered hesitantly, scared of what she might be about to say.

"Eren, we need to talk." Mikasa spoke from the other end.

"About?" Oh geez, this doesn't sound very good.

"I just got a call from the school. If you miss any more days you won't get to walk for graduation. I refuse to have you not be able to walk when graduation is like 4 weeks away. You need to come home tomorrow. Plus, I'm worried about you. I know you said you're fine but that doesn't stop me from worrying. You did just kind of disappear for a few days. I'm not taking anymore excuses, you need to come home tomorrow and start going back to school." Mikasa finished her speech and waited for me to reply. Shit. What if I'm not ready to go back home, or especially school? I don't want to hurt anyone. I glanced over at Levi quickly who just looked curious as to what Mikasa wanted before looking down at my feet. "Please." She added in quietly after I hadn't replied right away.