Chapter 19 - Home Again

"In this beautiful, cruel world so dark and frightening. Are we never to obtain a sign? Or a reason why we're still alive?" Fave lyrics from this^^^ song. I love her covers so much.

Yay! An actual update! And the next chapter is being finished up too! Double yay!! 

Chapter 19 - Home Again

(Eren's POV)

Today is the day I am going to go back home. I am already packed. I decided to leave most of the clothes here since I figured I would be over here most of the time once I graduate in a few weeks. The little amount of bags I do have with me are mostly filled with blood bags. I said goodbye to everyone and am now sitting in the car waiting for Levi. I couldn't help but tap my foot; are my friends going to be mad at me? Or am I going to give it away that I am now a vampire? Oh god, how am I supposed to tell them? Eren, just focus on one thing at a time.

"Are you going to be okay?" Levi asked as he got in the driver's seat.

"As okay as I will ever be." I told him. My nervousness must have been apparent in my voice because he gave me a skeptical look. "I'm going to have to do this sooner or later." I tried to reason with him, and convince myself.

"Okay, but if anything happens call me right away." I nod and sit quietly for a few moments.

"Can't you just stay with me all the time?" I looked over to him as he starts the car. He sighs quietly before answering.

"Eren, I already told you, I can stay with you for this weekend and come over once in awhile, but I can't go with you to school. I believe you will be fine. You only have 4 more weeks left until you graduate and then, if you want to, you can move in with us." He finished as he pulled out of the driveway and started the trip home.

"I guess you're right." I stared out the window. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

~Time Skip~

After about a half an hour drive and thinking I was going to die from Levi's driving, and that's saying something considering I'm supposed to be immortal, we arrived at my house. I guess you could say it felt both good and weird to be home again, even though I hadn't been gone very long.

We walked up the steps of the house; Levi helped me carry my bags from the car, and I knocked on the door. We stood there for a few moments before it dawned on me that Mikasa was probably at school still, considering it was Friday. "Mikasa is probably not home yet." I mumbled to Levi as I began to feel up our mail box that hung by the front door. He gave me a look that basically screamed 'what the fuck are you doing?' "There should be a spare key stuck behind this mail box somewhere, if I can just find it." I explained. I let out a triumphant "Ah hah!" when I found the key and unlocked the door, walking in. Levi followed me in and we both took off our shoes as he set my bags on the floor.

"Not bad." I heard him whisper as he looked around. I chuckled quietly to myself.

"Mikasa should be here in a few minutes so we should probably take these up to my room before she gets here." I picked up the bags off the floor and walked towards the stairs, looking back to make sure Levi was following me up. "That's the spare bedroom," I pointed to a room on the left of the hallway. "That's Mikasa's room next to it, my room's across the hall. Oh, and the room at the end is the bathroom." I gave him a quick tour as we walked down the hall to my room.

We had decided the best place to put the blood was in a cooler that we found in our basement and just shove it in my closet. Levi had yelled at me because of the pile of dirty clothes in my closet and ended up helping (making) me clean my room.

"Eren, take these downstairs and put them in the washer. I don't understand how you lived like this." Levi told me, shoving a basket of clothes towards where I was sitting on the floor sorting things.

"Yes, mom." I smirked over at him playfully.

"Just take them down." He rolled his eyes at me. I laughed as I got up and picked the basket up and started walking down the stairs to the laundry room. I was making my way through the living room when I heard talking from the front door and the noise of keys jingling in the lock. I froze in my spot as I watched the door start to open.

"So do you really think he is coming home today?" Armin asked. He was with Mikasa.

"He better be. If he doesn't I will find him and-" Mikasa cut off as she walked in and saw me. "Oh my god! Eren! You're here!" She ran up to me and I quickly set my basket down before she grabbed me and hugged me tightly. "And you're doing laundry?" She pulled away from the hug slightly to look at me and arch a brow.

"I guess so." I chuckle. I glance over Mikasa's shoulder to look at Armin, who had been surprisingly quiet, even for him. He had a strange look on his face. A mixture of something like fear, disgust, and confusion. "Hey Armin, you all right?" I asked him, stepping away from Mikasa and towards him. He seemed to snap out of his thoughts and he looked over to me.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about something." He shut the door that had been left open. "Eren, were you here alone?" He asked. Why would he ask something like that so suddenly?

"No, actually. I brought Le-"

"Eren, did you get the clothes put away yet? Also, why does it smell like a smelly dog in here?" Levi interrupted me as he walked down the stairs. I put a hand to my face and sighed as he went to stand next to me at the bottom of the stairs. Oh god, I don't think there could be a worse way to introduce someone.

"This is Levi," I sighed. "Levi, this is Mikasa and Armin."   

So sorry it's been so long, but I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for the shortness, I had to split it somewhere otherwise it would have been super long and this was the only place that seemed like a good spot to stop. I have big plans for this story at the moment and I'm super excited for you guys to see it once it's up! :3 I also just really want to thank my friend for helping me write this while I was in the gutter with it. It really helped me!