RIP, Deborah Jean Manion Sullivan

Note that this is unrelated to the story and is made for my best friend ever. Also, the song above is labeled "Heaven," and the picture is of her. Finally, please remember that this is not completely accurate, as, when one is in grief, one does not stop to think of their surroundings nor bother to remember what brings one grief. 

December 12, 2013. That day was like any other. I was in the lunchroom, my lunchbox in front of me, and I was about to trade my ice cream money for a crystal my friend had, both of us being rock collectors at the time. Then, one of the counsellors, Ms. Sissy as she liked to be called, came up to me, tapping my shoulder as I pulled my ice team money from my lunchbox. I do not remember exactly what she said, but it was something along the lines of 'can you come to my office for a second?' I obliged, leaving my lunchbox in its spot and waving a goodbye to my friend. 

She led me to her office, as I had not been in it before, and I was surprised to see my father there. Ms. Sissy did not follow me in, leaving me to talk with only my younger sister eavesdropping. My father's face was grim, although he still smiled in greeting to me. My sister smiled brightly, saying hello and giving me a hug. 

"Hi, Daddy. Why are you here?" I asked as I fully stepped into the room, only for my father to engulf me in a hug. He let go quickly, however, stepping away to look down at me. 

He sighed, seeming reluctant to give me the bad news. "-----, your mother died this morning," was all he said. 

I laughed nervously, cracking a big smile at him. "Daddy. Why are you really here?" I asked, thinking he was joking. He was quite the joker, after all. 

"-----, I wouldn't joke about something like this," he said again, and the smile slowly slipped from my face as it finally hit me full on. 

My mother... Dead...

"B-But-" I stuttered. "Sh-she was only a l-little sick!" I cried out, although it was quieter than expected. I was engulfed in a hug, and I leaned into it, heated tears falling from my face as I hugged him as tightly as I could. 

~

She had been in the hospital so many times before for pneumonia and asthma, and even a stroke once. One time, when I was nine, I had even had to call an ambulance for her. She had been to the hospital so many times, at least twice a year, that it hit me full on when I knew she wouldn't come back home. On the car ride back to my step grandparents' house, where my father and stepmother were living, along with my step aunt and little half brother, I remember wondering why my little sister never cried once. My father said it was because she was little, but, even now, I still hold it against her. She never cried about it until this past summer, almost two years later. Not even at the funeral...

Well, R.I.P., Mommy. Rest In Peace and Reincarnate In Pleasure. Love you, and I hope we meet again someday. For now, I'll stick with hoping that you are my guardian angel.

~

I would just like to say that, yes, I am only in eighth grade and just turned thirteen before this school year started. Please don't think any less of me because of my young age, as I can be as mature as a sixty year old, as was said about Elizabeth Tudor. Also, don't take pity on me for the death of my mother. Many just as bad things have happened to me, as will be mentioned in this story later on and have already been subtly hinted at. At the end, if this ever does reach an end, I will write a summary of my life, as it fits with the story. 

P.S.~ Sorry that it's out of place. My phone wouldn't let me put this after "Market Meetings," and  I forgot my computer charger at my cousin Nick's house.