Chapter One

Khaleyah

I never thought a day in my life this would be happening to me. Of all People, ME!! I sat in the dark room in the corner, My Hands Tied up Behind my back and tape covering my mouth.
I snapped my Head towards the door as it swung open and in come walking HIM.
He squatted down in front of me as his Cold Eyes Stared into my Fearful ones.
He Took the tape off my mouth and leaned in. I began to breath heavily . He was now a few inches away from my lips when he poured the water in my mouth that was in his hand. I Gagged and spit some out on him.

"You Bitch" He Growled as Anger filled his face. Before I knew it , He swung  and hit me in the face. I swung my hair back out of my face and kicked him right in the balls. He Groaned and fell over , I looked at him and went for the open door.

I ran down a dark hall before I was pulled by my shirt and fell backwards . Before I could see who it was, the person slapped me as hard as they could making a tear fall.
I Screamed and Kicked as they Drug me down the Hall by My Hair.

They pulled me back in the room and I sat up and made eye contact with him again.,

He Squatted again and Looked at me.

"Iam trying to be nice to you, but you're not Cooperating , Next time I'm gonna do more then Hit yo Ass in the face so try it again..." He Spoke Thickly before getting up and walking out the room, Slamming the Door behind him.

I Closed My Eyes and Began Crying as my face still Stung. Why did I have to go through this? This didn't even involve me!!. "Why me ?" I Prayed to God....

*1 Year and a half Before*

"Khaleyah! Come on , All your Luggages are in the trunk!" My Mom yelled from the Living Room. I Grabbed my Music box that my Daddy got me and hugged it tightly. "Okay, I'm coming!" I Opened the pink box and smiled as the Girl Began Twirling as the music played beautifully . I looked and seen the picture of me and my dad inside of it . I was about 10 and I had just blew out my candles for my birthday . The Last Birthday I Spent with Him, actually. We were looking at each other , Laughing, happiness bouncing off our eyes. This was the day I got the Music Box , I remember it like it was yesterday .

"This is for my Princess, Because your as Beautiful as a Ballerina " His Voice Echoed in my Mind. I Imagined his Beautiful contagious Smile spreading across his face, making me Smile  .  

I Stared at the picture , Looking from him to me  , seeing the Happiness in our faces, about the Last time I was actually Really Happy. If only we knew what was gonna happen a week later...

"Oh how I miss you Daddy" I thought to myself. Tears began to well my eyes blurring my vision exceedingly quickly. I wiped them away before the wet substance hit my face and shook my thoughts away and closed the music box and walked out of my room.

"Are you ready to Go?" My Younger Brother Mikey Asked.

I nodded . "Yeah."

I looked to my right to see my Older Brother, Marcus a few houses down talking to some guys from the neighborhood , One was his Best Friend, Will and there was another dark skin tall guy with Tattoos filling his arms . My eyes then fell on another guy. He was tall , Brown skin with the Most Beautiful Smile. It almost reminds me of my dads cause it was contagious . I then realized it was Lucas. The Neighborhood Drug dealer. We Barely even knew each other , We played a few times when we were like five and that's it. We even went to Elementary, middle and High School together and has never really said a word to each other but say hi every once and A while and maybe make eye contact, We would even smile at each other.

I stepped down from the porch and made my way to the car.

"Come on Marcus" My Mother yelled from the driver seat.

He did a Handshake with the Guys and Made his way to the car and got in.

I took my seatbelt across my chest and looked up and Locked eyes with Lucas . I got Butterflies and my cheeks turned warm . He Stood there, it seemed like my eyes had made him freeze up .

I Smiled, Looking down as my Seatbelt Clicked. I sat back and sighed.

I looked back at the neighborhood as it got further and further in the distance as my mom drove .
This is it. I'm leaving my Home. I was moving to California to Attend College . I was One of the Few People in my Family to Graduate AND Go to College. My Brother Marcus Graduated , He Played Basketball and everything , He Had a 4.0 Gpa  , but he didn't go to college , Instead, He Decided to Turn to the streets and gave up on everything when my dad died. My Mom was Disappointed but she knew He was upset .

I Began to feel sick and Sadness Weighed on me heavy as we got closer and Closer to the airport.
I was leaving the place I grew up. The Place I was born , Detroit , HOME.

I slowly got out of the car as we made it to the airport. My Grandparents met us there.

I Hugged My Mom , Grandparents and Brothers as I cried .
"Oh Look at the Cry baby, She don't even wanna leave" Marcus Teased.

"Shut up " I Chuckled Letting go of him and Wiping a few tears away. 

I Kissed and hugged My Grandma.

"I Prayed that you'll have a Safe Flight Baby" My Grandma Rested her hands on my shoulders. I smiled.

"Thank you Granny" I stood on my Tippy toes and kissed my grandpas cheek.

"Take care of Granny, Papa"

"You know I will, Sweety cakes" He Smiled. He's always called me that. 

I hugged Mikey Tightly. We had a strong bond . Me and Marcus did too.
"Bye Big head. " I Let go  and looked up at him. Even though he was only in the Ninth Grade, He was already taller than me. "Take care of mama "

"You know I will punk" He Smirked and Put his fist to my chin. I smiled then walked over to my mama which made tears fill my eyes again.
I looked at my Mama as she smiled proudly at me. This woman has been through so much and I'm doin this all for her to make her smile again and to make a better life for us all.

"I love you Mama" I Hugged her tightly as the tears fell.
"I love you too " Her Voice Cracked.

I let go and Gazed at her one more time. Oh how I'm going to miss waking up to this beautiful face everyday.

I grabbed my Luggages and looked back at my family one more time. I stood there for a moment before rushing over and hugging them one more time, Sobbing.

My Mom Began to wipe my tears away. "Oh Hurry Girl before you miss your Flight" She Chuckled as she Cried.

I chuckled and Let go of them. "See you guys In a few months " I Smiled.

"See you" They said in Unison. I dragged my Luggages into the airport .

I boarded my plane, put my Luggages away and sat down .

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I looked down at Detroit from in the Sky. Man. I didn't think this would hurt so bad , I use to couldn't wait till this day so I could get out of Detroit. I was so tired of the stuff that was going on. There's so much that goes on in Detroit especially my neighborhood , Shootings, Drug dealers, You have to worry about your kids playing outside , you can't stay out that late and don't come to the wrong side of town. I couldn't wait to feel free, to explore something new , to be Happy again.

I smiled , thinking about going to California . This is Going to be great.
I laid my head back and closed my eyes and fell asleep.