Chapter 7

Khaleyah

"thymine is usually seen only in DNA, and uracil only in RNA, Duh" I mumbled to myself as I stared down at my Paper. We were back at home and I was sitting down at my desk, in my Room Studying for a test that was Awaiting me back in Cali.

I was going to school to become an Immunologist. You know... Studying  Viral Immunity, Researching Why our immune responses sometimes fail to protect us from acute and chronic viral diseases, Study innate and adaptive immune responses to acute and chronic viral infections and the mechanisms viruses have evolved to subvert them.

Before I get to Study MIMG which will be in my Fourth and last year of college that I was so excited for, I had to Fulfill the Lower Division Requirements first, so right now I'm just in the Ls Core Curriculum Courses.

As I lightly tapped my pencil on the desk, I glanced over at Lucas and Khamillah both sleeping peacefully in my bed.  He laid on his back as his arm wrapped around Khamillahs small body as She laid her head on his chest and her arm slung around his torso. They look so cute together . I smiled at the sight and snapped a quick picture and put my phone away.

I turned my attention back to my paper... The words became tiny and a blur, unreadable at the moment , I couldn't focus, My mind wouldn't let me I couldn't stop replaying what happened at Patty's pottery .

"I'm Working on it, Kelly"
Echoed in my head. I bit down on my bottom Lip as I snapped my head over to Sleeping Lucas.

Was he serious? I didn't wanna get too caught up in my feelings if he didn't mean what he said. I mean... He did sound serious . Even if he was serious , we still couldn't be together, he's my Brothers best friend and he's no good for me, but that's just what people were filling up in my head, that he was a bad boy and no good for me, but those people don't see the real Lucas like I've seen these past few days, they only judged him by his outside appearance and actions and maybe that's why he continued to act the way he did because THEY Have created the bad boy image. But on the inside He's a sweet, Caring, Funny Guy and he just loves to be goofy at times and is very Respectful.

My phone flashed and Buzzed, pulling me from my thoughts. I hadn't really checked it since Kelly sent me that Picture of me and Lucas.

I clicked on the comment that Kayla tagged me in. It was the picture of me and Lucas that Kelly had took of us at at the Pottery Class, Lucas had posted it to Instagram.  I looked down at the Caption that read: "💖✨"

I slid Down to read a few of the comments. 

TashaLxve: Mhm😏💑

FerrariChick2:#Goals🙌🏾💯😭😍

Yasmin_Rodriguez:Cute ☺️😘

Willgotthejuice:Yall Cute,Y'all Cute👌🏾💯

DillyonTroy:Yall Niggas cute, but what Mark got to say about this?👀🙊😏😂

Kaylaaaa:Awww Look at my Cousin and Best friend😍😍 Go Best Friend👏🏾👯

Kaylaaaa:So that means y'all a Couple now right?👀 I'll be Calling you later🙊🙊

I quietly laughed to myself as
I shook my head. This girl is a mess. I decided to mess with everyone and commented on it.

Qveen_Leyah:😍😘☺️

Just then I got a Notification and clicked on it. Troy had Commemted on the picture again.

DillyonTroy:Look at this @Markdoe_ 😏😁

My stomach dropped. This Snitching ass nigga... Moments later, Marcus Commented on the picture.

Markdoe_:Lucas what the hell did I tell you man? Y'all think y'all slick y'all know what I told y'all 😒 I'll be having a talk with y'all when I get back. 👌🏾